Rejetting

fosterblaster

Nov 22, 2010
i have the stock headpipe with an dg silencer and a k&n air filter. its bored .40 over with a wesico prolight piston and a vitos high compression gasket kit, and the cylinder has been ported but not professionaly done. with the stock lid its got a 200 main jet in it with the air mixture screw 1 1/2 out and the needle on the 3rd clip. i have four jet sizes that i got from a friend left over from when he had a blaster, They are 240,300,310 and 330 and i wana rejet it for no airbox lid.

Throw the 300 in it to start, but probably be around 250-280. 200 is waaaaaay lean. I wouldn't even ride it with that in it. KABOOM!

so 200 with the stock lid is wayy lean? i have been driving it all winter with it jetted like that and the plug looks like its burned good tho

As long as its not burning to hot and its not bogging then your pretty close. trial and error is really the only way to do it. there are too many variables to give good advice for jetting on here, although there are several thread on here that can give you some good direction to work with. the differences in altitude, temp, porting, humidity, ect.. all leave us with nothing but educated guessing. But it all really boils down to start big and do a plug chop and see if you need to go up or down then "rinse and repeat" until you get it dead on. good luck