registration Q.

244blackblastard

Oct 29, 2008
minnesota
Does anybody know if you can operate an unregistered(tabs from 2009) atv legally on your own property in mn with out getting in trouble? or do you have to have registration no matter what?

usually if you're on private property it is not an issue, but if the police have probable cause to believe its stolen and you cannot prove ownership (usually just a bill-of-sale is not adequate), then you are screwed

thanks for reply. I always thought so too but want to make sure. I had a chance once to buy a lt500 and wish i could of had enough money at the time.

I checked the laws from what i could find but one thing that I don't know is it states you need to register for private use/agriculture. from what I could see it seems to be $15 instead of $50 but I still don't know if that means your own property because it doesn't state it. The dmv isn't open sat or sun so can't call to ask.

on prvate property no.. by agro there talkin farm use where your runing from field to field using the roads.. here i nwi you con opperate a atv for up to 5? miles on the road if your running from the farm to the fields