reed spacer help

Devilman910

Dec 20, 2010
29 palms ca
just to throw it out there i did do some searching and reading others threads and post before i brought up another reed spacer thread

with that being said in all the reading ive done im having trouble finding what size reed spacer to get for my 34mm carb to clear the clutch arm can anyone help

i think that will depend on what intake your using, it's close, but with my vf3's and prodesign intake i didnt need a spacer

have you tried to fit a 34mm into a stock intake ????
i wouldn't suggest it, it needs dremeled out too far and is prone to rips and air leaks

have you tried to fit a 34mm into a stock intake ????
i wouldn't suggest it, it needs dremeled out too far and is prone to rips and air leaks

yeah i dremeled a little and used my heat gun so it didnt get to thin and crack its was still a tight fit but works

well they come in 3/8 and 1/2" and havent proved to add any performance, so either one will do, you definately wont need more than a 1/2"
and noobers only knows one thing about vf3's, he likes his rad valve better and has never had vf3's

how thick is the vf3 cage and the pro design intake and does the prodesign intake point the 34mm carb in a different direction than the stock boot does because when i measured the between the edge of the stock reed cage and the bottom edge of the stock intake where the clutch arm would be clear was about 19mm

my pro design works great, zero problems with fit

my pro design works great, zero problems with fit

really awk. i haven't bolted mine up but just assumed i would need a spacer for my 35pwk. that's just the way my luck goes though. lol

I do have vf3's though so that thickness probably helps.

vf3's look to be the same thickness or less than stock
if your ordering the pro-design intake, get the one made for vf3's, not the standard
they're hard to find on the web, so here's matt at pro-designs phone #.......... 949-863-1418
be sure to ask for the vf3 model

or the ucc intake is around $60 and supposedly good ???,
i didnt like the snyder one i had, sold it for the $60 i paid

but i believe it's the billet base of the pro-desing that helps the carb clear