Reed cage questions

Hello everybody!

Sorry to intrude on the forum of you, but I think that is the only way to get help.
I live in Brazil and I have a YZ 2002, it installed a motor DT 200, is getting very good!
I want to install a V Force but do not know which serves the engine. I think the reed cage Blaster serve perfectly as it is the same engine of DT 200, just change the cylinder and head. Could anyone help me telling the dimensions (size) of the reed cage Blaster?

The orifice of the DT 200 where it enters the reed cage is 55mm x 55mm.

Again, excuse my intrusion. A hug!

I just went and did some measurements for you.Hopefully this helps. A stock blaster reed cage measures 50mm wide.An aftermarket fmf blaster reed cage measures 52.50mm.A stock blaster cylinder measured 55.3mm wide and it measured anywhere from 53to59mm height,there is a casting "divot" there in the very center(which would be the 53mm).The mounting bolts for a stock blaster cylinder from center to center measure 72mm wide and 53mm height. Members triplecrown or best may chime in and give you some insight also.They have done the dt swap so I am sure they could only help.Good luck

Hello everybody!

Sorry to intrude on the forum of you, but I think that is the only way to get help.
I live in Brazil and I have a YZ 2002, it installed a motor DT 200, is getting very good!
I want to install a V Force but do not know which serves the engine. I think the reed cage Blaster serve perfectly as it is the same engine of DT 200, just change the cylinder and head. Could anyone help me telling the dimensions (size) of the reed cage Blaster?

The orifice of the DT 200 where it enters the reed cage is 55mm x 55mm.

Again, excuse my intrusion. A hug!

My son and I have a couple DT200 bikes and Blasters. The reed cage box on the DT200 engine is EXACTLY the same as the Blaster.
The only difference in the entire assembly is the rubber carb mount on the DT200 is drilled (moulded actually) to fit a boost bottle, that would not fit on the Blaster because of the aircooled fin overhang.

Steve

Thanks my friend! I was just unsure about drilling screws. Height is 53mm and the width is 72 mm?

Steve,

Thanks for the help buddy! What year of the machines? I go to buy the V Force on E-bay.

Big hug!

Not sure, I think the DT200's are 1984 and 1987? We have a collection of Blasters from many years, all cylinders the same. DT200 intake porting is almost exact, cylinder window slightly higher. Transfer ports exactly the same, and of course the exhaust port on the DT200 has the valve and is much higher than the Blaster. Cylinder head chamber shape is much different on the DT200.

Steve