Rebuilt engine White Smoke

slimeee

Jun 28, 2014
Ok put in new top end on this yamaha blaster from hell that I got from craigslist. This thing was hacked to sh*t when I got it. Everyrhing that could possibly be wrong with this thing has been wrong. Finally got spark after replacing stator. Had cylinder bored and honed installed piston and rings. Rebuilt carb. The first start on this thing and it fires right up but blowing tons of white smoke. Started reving really high and i turned down idle screw. Feels like it bogs when touching throttle. Tons of white smoke! I know this thing has sat a really long time. I draoned the tranny fluid and put in some bel ray gear saver oil. Filled it up to 3/4 up the oil fill line on tranny. Is this white smoke tranny fluid? I shut it off after a minute didnt want to screw up engine. I used premix at 24 to 1. Engine not broken in yet and sat for years. Please help tjis thing has costed a lot of time and money!

X2 on the leak test. White smoke is a sure sign you are burning trans fluid. The high idle screams air leak. Leak test or it will cost you even more money.

yep x3 on the above. high revving is a lean condition, so air leak or clogged jet or something, this thing is getting to much air and not enough gas. white smoke would lead me to check the tranny side seals and bearings cause white is bad. However, this may give you a bit of solace, mine smoked white for a while untill all the nasty junk burned out of the exhaust from sitting for ages. i took a torch to my pipe and heated it untill i baked all the crap out of it and then i ran a ton of paint thinner and acetone through it to get it clean enough to ride. make sure its fully emptied before you start it up though, you don't want to be sitting on a pipe bomb when you kick it over.

Might as well do both while you're at it. Also while you have it torn apart, seal the collar to the crank with 3bond (etc) ( wouldn't hurt to do the keyway also). Just don't use so much as to slop it into the bearings.

It was reving high because idle screw wasnt set right. I dont know how to leak test im still new at this. I do know that it sat for a long time. The seals are probably bad. So white smoke is tranny fluid burning probably? Would boyesen power reeds cause this? Sorry im a noobie. I only started it once and let run a little. I dont want to seize it. I did poor oil in the new piston and cylinder, This white smoke wouldnt just be from lots of oil?

it takes 650ml of oil, the bottle will be indicated on side,What 2 stroke oil?And it is going to smoke alot if you just put alot of oil in on rebuild.
Obviously leak test it first:)

Another test to see if it is tranny fluid is if it really stinks it is!

Reeds will not cause excessive smoking!

If there is a lot of oil being burnt from you pouring on too much oil it may seem white.

The oil sight window lies, if you poured oil in to above the 3/4 level, you may have over filled the box.

You put only 650ml, no more, no less in the tranny.

Before you start it again you must leak test to see if indeed the seals are at fault.

as others said leak test threads on here on how and awk sells leak testers,also could be crank seals,burning off assembly lube,or case leak only way to be sure is to leak test.if you have a leak and keep running it it will cost you trust me

Think im gonna just take the motor out and rebuild the bottom end its a 93 thats been sitting a long time. Ive already replaced everyrhing else might as wel rebuild bottom end. Then i wont have any leaks. Any idea how is should do this? Should i buy a wiseco kit? Im not in a huge hurry to ride this thing. Im scared to start it up again after all the white smoke, Pretty sure it was tranny fluid that was blowing out. I really hate this 4 wheeler. Ive had to replace everything so far . The Blaster from hell.

Think im gonna just take the motor out and rebuild the bottom end its a 93 thats been sitting a long time. Ive already replaced everyrhing else might as wel rebuild bottom end. Then i wont have any leaks. Any idea how is should do this? Should i buy a wiseco kit? Im not in a huge hurry to ride this thing. Im scared to start it up again after all the white smoke, Pretty sure it was tranny fluid that was blowing out. I really hate this 4 wheeler. Ive had to replace everything so far . The Blaster from hell.
I know how you feel. I went through the same thing. I decided to rebuild the whole engine. Well worth it. I watched all the KOR videos. He shows you step by step procedure. Don't be

I know how you feel. I went through the same thing. I decided to rebuild the whole engine. Well worth it. I watched all the KOR videos. He shows you step by step procedure. Don't be
Intimidated. My bike runs better than ever and I have the satisfaction knowing I did it!

It will be easier to leak test and simply change the seals if need be. You may get in over your head tearing in to the bottom end. And after a complete rebuild you will still need to leak test it.