Rear Brake Kit

yea dont waste your money on that brake kit,your cable brakes are better then those

As said don't buy those.Also that link is to blaster zone which is no longer in business.They will take your money but you will never see a part show up.DO NOT order from there!!!!

those are garbage, and over priced

heres what ya want,
$165 shipped to you, pm me for details.................

http://www.blasterforum.com/members/awk08-5502/albums/awks-gsxr-brakes/

Awk I saw nates brake setup (Wheresthericego) he got from you. Is there anyway to make the bracket from the foot pedal shorter on the other side of the pivot point. It takes a good bit of pressure to get the leverage to lock up the brakes? Do you know what I'm sayin? I can get a pic. If that arm on the other side of the foot pedal that pushes into the master cyl. Was shorter you could get more leverage with less pressure. It may be too tight of an area to make the bracket smaller? Just wondering.

mike..........................

if it was taking that much pressure to lock them up, there is a problem, either the new pads were not worn in to his "used" disc yet, or they need a quick re-bleed ????
once in a while, some air from the rezzie will get into the master during shipping,
i've even tried overfilling the rezzie, but when i install the cap, the rubber boot still has air trapped into it, and it does sometimes get into the master while the postal service plays volleyball with my package, like said, a quick re-bleed solves that everytime

and also, before i offered these for sale, i made sure that at WOT 6th gear, i can reach down and push the pedal with one finger and lock them up, and over 50 other bro's on here can't be wrong,
this system works great as-is, and not only locks up the rear with about a 1/4 pressure the cables took, but with practice (not stomping them like the cable brakes) lightly applying pressure will actully work "progressively" to slow you down without locking
just as they do on the gsxr they come from

i also give specific instructions to PM or call me asap if there is a problem,
i never heard back from nate ??
i will pm him right now and get to the bottom of this, those brakes will work as intended....great,
or i will replace them with another set

btw mike.....any brakes should feel better than what i remember not feeling on your bike, hahahahahaaaa
thanx for the heads-up

Last edited:
I ain't sayin they suck, they just wouldnt lock up like the stock 06 hydro brakes on my white blaster. I didn't know if that's how they are supposed to be or if there was a problem with something. Only thing we could see was the arm was long compared to other hydro brakes. Nates not disappointed with them, they work better than what he had. I just thought they were gonna be blow on the pedal and lock them b*tches up kinda brakes?

Dammit Joe bustin on my cable brakes again. Ima make a vid of my brakes locking up in my cul de sac now lol.... The rears have always been great, it's my fronts that suck.... I think you weren't pushing the lever down far enough.. It's not on top like hydros u have to press it a couple inches and it will lock up

. I just thought they were gonna be blow on the pedal and lock them b*tches up kinda brakes?

they are blow on the pedal brakes !!!!!
nate has a problem and never called me about it as instructed to.
unless that was the first ride out, the instructions i send state......
"they will get better and better the more you ride on them as the pads wear into your worn/grooved disc"

i actually had to learn to not lay my foot on it while riding when i did my first set, couldnt figure out why my bike felt sluggish...duh !!!!
i had my foot on the brakes pedal as i always did with the cables, and that slight pressure was applying the brakes

i will get to the bottom of this !!!!!!
thanx mike

ya man my cables work like a dream front and back. my only complaint is that the fronts take a little gripping power to stop

You def have to stand on my brake petal to get em to lock up in dirt. They're better than the cable brakes I had and I figured its just the way it was going to be..
The pads have acclimated to the brake rotor fine so im sure its not that.
On a side note, I did call when the master didnt fit well with the stock heel guard.. I ended up needing to space out the heel guard and using a longer bolt..

You def have to stand on my brake petal to get em to lock up in dirt. They're better than the cable brakes I had and I figured its just the way it was going to be..
The pads have acclimated to the brake rotor fine so im sure its not that.
On a side note, I did call when the master didnt fit well with the stock heel guard.. I ended up needing to space out the heel guard and using a longer bolt..

that is correct, you did get a hold of me for that, sounds like you will need to re-bleed them, there has to be a little air in the line
lemme know if you need vids or more info on bleeding them ????

worse case is i send you a whole new kit, just lemme know
you paid for awesome brakes, and ye shall have awesome brakes. period

that is correct, you did get a hold of me for that, sounds like you will need to re-bleed them, there has to be a little air in the line
lemme know if you need vids or more info on bleeding them ????

worse case is i send you a whole new kit, just lemme know
you paid for awesome brakes, and ye shall have awesome brakes. period

Sweet, I'll try a re-bleed with some sweet ass German Racing brake fluid I use in my car. Picked up a new trick for bleeding a few months back from mike.

if ya don't learn anything from this vid, you at least get a laugh !!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it didn't look like he had air in his lines. haaahhaa. But he had the basic points for bleeding tho. I prefer having the brakes lines pressurized before opening the bleeder tho, less likely to add air just before you push it out. Big point is you need to close the bleeder before the pedal is released.

Hey I would like to get those brakes but it won't let me view it do you have eBay

Last edited by a moderator: