reamed out banshee spindles?

Surfrjag

Mar 18, 2010
chesapeake, va
i have herd of people doing this but i was wondering if i could get a picture of how it works. i have the spindles but dont see how its gonna work.. thanks

You have to make the bottom and top hole bigger where it connects to the ball joints. I had to do it with warrior spindles with a dremel and a carbide bit or whatever its called

i wouldn't drift down the street on modified shee spindles, just my .02

there is a specific size reamer bit that works, i believe dualstroke posted it once ??
the top must also be cross drilled for the pinch bolt
and i'd say it's only the 88/89's that have a pinch style bottom ball, that will need the bottom done also ?
90+ blastys have a thread/nut style bottom ball joint and should match up

sift thru these search results for more info.............

http://www.blasterforum.com/searchresults.php?cx=partner-pub-9438014176008015%3A9127094460&cof=FORID%3A9&q=banshee+spindles&sa=Go

i have herd of people doing this but i was wondering if i could get a picture of how it works. i have the spindles but dont see how its gonna work.. thanks

If you REALLY want to run banshee spindles on a blaster, why not modify the upper a-arm to run the banshee spindle versus the spindle to run that a-arm?

After modifying that banshee upper mount, there wouldn't be much material at all left...

reemed spindles usually mean they are a banshee spindle reamed for aftermarket a-arms( burgard).There is no problem with this method and will hold up to whatever riding you do_Only blaster spindles I have ever reemed would be again for aftermarket a-arms where the top pinch bolt is still used but the bottom needs reemed for the larger ball joint. I want to see where this"not much material left at all" comments come into play.There is plenty of material left once they have been reemed.You are only taking off very little material and not putting a 1" hole through them. Justin what exactly are you trying to use these spindles on?

here we go, with pics, and i do not see any excessive material removal, but still not for me, i've also read somewhere about camber problems ????...................

ATV Riders Forum - How To: Convert Blaster Drums To Hydro Disks

That setup is not a reemed setup but rather a hogged out setup.A reemed setup is slightly reemed to convert to a larger stronger ball joint.This link is using shee spindles and hogging out the top hole to use the pinch bolt,drill and tap etc. I ran this exact setup for awhile and never had one problem with it.Although most people down it like a boost bottle most have never tried.I did and it works very well for the "sivicdude" budget.lol I wouldnt run it down the mx track but worked for the trails no problem.I do not use this setup anymore but was more a trial and error deal and I had to try it.These spindles I had are still in use by another member and have had zero problems with them.I run actual reemed shee spindles on my burgard arms and norman420 spindles on my lt setup. Now that we are on the excessive material removal,how about norman spindles.There is material removed to make these spindles work but no one ever says a word about a strenght issue?? Just sayinI:I We can all pick apart any product but to try it and get first hand results is another story.

We just got new spindals from norman420! i think it was $150 for the set, they mounted right up.

Attachments

• DSCN1762.jpg
    DSCN1762.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN1763.jpg
    DSCN1763.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCN1846.jpg
    DSCN1846.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN1816.jpg
    DSCN1816.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 179
i was going to try and use the banshee spindles on the blaster.. guess i might as well buy the norman spindles. last i saw they were 100 bucks? guess they went up.. thanks guys

I had 0 camber problems with my burgard a arms and modified spindles.

on stock arms the camber is not adjustable,
not sure if this is even a problem on stock arms ?
just throwing out info that i think i've read, and needs investigated before diving head first into this mod

i was going to try and use the banshee spindles on the blaster.. guess i might as well buy the norman spindles. last i saw they were 100 bucks? guess they went up.. thanks guys

mabye so i dont remember five minutes ago much less that long ago but they work great