Raptor 660 Spindles

I too would like to see some pics since the top socket on the blaster spindle angles back and the top socket on the raptor spindle tips the other way causing you to lose ball joint travel and binding. Tried a set of Raptor spindles on some burgard a-arms for a Blaster and it was all wrong.

Not mine but I wish it was lol
Here are some other pics.
Blasterproject2.jpg

blasterproject3.jpg

is that pipe homemade?

front hubs are a common bolt pattern...4 156 same as all front wheels on yamaha sport quads

?:-/
Oh wow. I didn't know that.
That's good to know! I have a good set of Banshee wheels/tires and the Blaster set is getting tired. I didn't know they would swap in!

Also, I can't tell for sure in the pics..................
Did they have to fab to get those 660 arms in there or do they just do a direct bolt in?
That would be awesome if it's just a bolt on mod.

Those 660 arms look like it took a lot of fabbing to make them fit, there is no way the would just bolt on.

I'm curious to see how the raptor spindles look mounted to the stock blaster a arms.

Oh wow. I didn't know that.
That's good to know! I have a good set of Banshee wheels/tires and the Blaster set is getting tired. I didn't know they would swap in!

Also, I can't tell for sure in the pics..................
Did they have to fab to get those 660 arms in there or do they just do a direct bolt in?
That would be awesome if it's just a bolt on mod.

Those 660 arms look like it took a lot of fabbing to make them fit, there is no way the would just bolt on.

I'm curious to see how the raptor spindles look mounted to the stock blaster a arms.

I'll quote the man who built it.
yfzut said:
its got 97 yz250 motor custom built centermount exhaust. i stretched the frame a little to fit raptor a-arms and installed yfz shocks on the front and a 400ex on the rear, it has banshee rear brakes and rear axle. and raptor front and rear hubs with raptor front brakes. a 4 inch swingarm. a yfz radiator was used, all new maier plastic with the rear fenders being raptor style made to fit a banshee. alot of work, but is was fun to build and turned out to be a fast nice handling quad.
He said it ended up being 4 1/2" wider per side.

yep those front shee rims and tires will bolt right up, the rears you'll need the shee hubs as well. but still not alot of work to make a set of tires that were just laying around bolt right up.

So bottom line is the 660 Spindles, Hubs, Calipers "WILL" fit on a Blaster with minimal modification.(?) Did you solve tie tie rod length issue?

how do swapping spindles make it 3 inches wider on each side when raptor ars make it 4 1/2 in wider per side? better yet how do raptor spindle make blaster wider at all? i see there are still no pictures.....

hey paulie...thats what a blaster should be from the factory....a liquid cooled 250 2 stroke. IMO. i knew from first looks that was a 250 engine. thats a sweet machine..have any finished pictures???

Reactions: byrd