Quick Questions for a new Blaster owner

tigersfan45700

Apr 29, 2012
Eastern MI
So just got done riding and i was turning the fuel off and i could feel heat radiating from the engine head, im paranoid about my engine being alright (running with enough oil) is this normal. AND one more quick ? when i go by the back of the quad to push it into the barn i smell almost like a burning smell by the silencer i want to say almost like burning rubber maybe the seat is heating up??? Im new to 2 strokes, so this is gonna sound weird but can someone TRY to describe what burning 2 stroke smells like. :-/

ever start a bunch of sleds in a closed garage? that is a concentrated smell of 2 stroke haha, not to mention the best smell ever I:I and yeah, they usually get pretty hot. to be safe i would disconnect the oil injection and run premix at 32:1.

heres the thread i made when i disconnected mine, its pretty helpful
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/oil-injection-removal-17034/

also what jets are you running and what engine mods do you have?

Dang, you're close to me :D
Welcome to the dirt pile I:I
I can see by sig pic you atleast have a pipe. Either a Clymers manual or the down load on here is needed. Clean around your plug and pull it and tell us what it looks like, and what kind of riding you were doing, putting or screaming. This does not replace a plug chop or proper plug read but will be helpful. The smell might just be excess oil burning off if was ridden lightly before. If the engine smells like burnt paint, or if couple drops of water instanly evaporate then you might be running hot. If you can, see what main jet you are running and list that with all your modifications (that you know of)

Im running a FMF Fatty and Turbinecore 2 silencer and im running a 260 main jet those are only engine mods i have done so far. And i literary just went to Magics Racing and bought a Clymer manuel lol. Type of riding was prob in the middle of putting and screaming.

Plug chop to confirm!

It sounded a little doughy, boggy to me after it was warmed up.

You might consider upping the main jet.

Don't be too eager to ride it before it warms up, the motor will last a lot longer if you warm it up well before riding.

Last edited:
running a bit lean wont make it run bad, as long as its only a bit lean. but it IS dangerous and you will probly end up spendin more money then you need to on a new topend or worse.

Running a little lean is just as bad as running real lean, it just takes a longer time for s**t to happen.

Be safe run on the rich side!I:I

That smell... it's Fear!!! lol along with changing the main, really think about NOVIS and what he said about deleting the oil injection. they are extremely unreliable. and mixing 32:1 is easy cheezy! better piece of mind! oh, and welcome to the forum!

ever start a bunch of sleds in a closed garage? that is a concentrated smell of 2 stroke haha, not to mention the best smell ever I:I and yeah, they usually get pretty hot. to be safe i would disconnect the oil injection and run premix at 32:1.

heres the thread i made when i disconnected mine, its pretty helpful
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/oil-injection-removal-17034/

also what jets are you running and what engine mods do you have?

Well i already have a ratio rite cup lol so im prob gonna just do the pump block so i can have peace of mind knowing how much oil is getting to the engine, the process seems easy just pull the lines off the pump and block them??

Well i already have a ratio rite cup lol so im prob gonna just do the pump block so i can have peace of mind knowing how much oil is getting to the engine, the process seems easy just pull the lines off the pump and block them??

Not quite that simple you either have to install a block off plate, when you remove the oil pump, of leave the pump in situ and remove the plastic gear.

Then you have to block the oil injection nipple on the carb so it wont suck air.

If you just pull off the lines the pump will run dry and cause you a headache.:eek:

Not quite that simple you either have to install a block off plate, when you remove the oil pump, of leave the pump in situ and remove the plastic gear.

Then you have to block the oil injection nipple on the carb so it wont suck air.

If you just pull off the lines the pump will run dry and cause you a headache.:eek:

Can I just take out the plastic oil pump gear and unplug the oil lines and remove oil tank??