Question About Headlights

Fortrex

Nov 25, 2013
The previous owner of my blaster installed some aftermarket headlights that work poorly and look ugly. I'm looking to replace them, I really don't need a low and high beam, I would be fine with a single headlight, so could I use a 55w headlight? The electrical system is stock as far as I know. If so, how would I wire it to a single headlight as opposed to two?

55watts is the total output that a stock Blaster coil will handle.

If any other electricals are fitted, you may consider lowering the headlight power just a little.

Quite simply use only the high beam wire to the headlight and insulate off the low beam one.

Alright, I will stick with a 25-35w light or so. I have no other electronics running off it, however I would like to wire a tail light. The bike does not have one, so would it work fine if I just ran a wire from the power wire of the high beam to the rear and put a 5 or 10 watt light?

Another option is to change your stator to a 75 watt stator. The ones i seen even come with an adjustable timing plate so you can easily advance your timing too (another nice mod). All for about 50$ you really can't beat it. Ricky stator i believe.