Quads VS Bikes, safety

Which do u think is safer offroad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

noober

Aug 30, 2010
Port elizabeth, RSA
So i know a few bikers and they swear by bikes, caln quads death traps and unsafe,and i know of a few people dying on quads but then again people die on bikes all the time, so in a quaders opinion what guys think is safer? i dont see why quads would be unsafe unless u take a corner to fast and it lands ontop of you, i have ridden a quad and felt way safer than on a bike

I prefer bikes. Much easier to ride. When hill climbing a bike, the rider can just jump off and the bike slides to a stop. That doesn't work with a quad. Bikes are way smoother to ride and it's easier to ride faster.

There should be an equal option on the poll. In my opinion, each have there advantages and disadvantages. Rocks and such other bumps can be deadly in certain situations on a bike, however, there isnt the handling issue. However in my experience bikes chase you in crashes. I crashed a drz250 at damn near full speed, i rolled the distance between two telephone poles and when i woke up the bike was an arms-length away from me, sketchy stuff. But if you are a safe rider, you are gunna be better off either way

I feel that if you wreck a quad odds are something was out of control. With a bike, I am able to stop it all as soon as it gets a little out of control if I choose to do so.

I prefer bikes. Much easier to ride. When hill climbing a bike, the rider can just jump off and the bike slides to a stop. That doesn't work with a quad. Bikes are way smoother to ride and it's easier to ride faster.
Amazingly enough......... I completely agree.

Crashing on a bike is part of riding, bailing is easy and most of the time you get a scratch or two but your fine.
On the other hand you don't really crash that much on a quad.... but when you do..... it hurts big time.

It depends on the rider.

If the rider is equally skilled between both machines, usually the bike is safer, simply because it is easier to avoid stuff on a bike. Bikes can go places quads cant (as easily at least, and sometimes quads cant go where a bike can go), and some trail stuff can be avoided on a bike the quad HAS to go through.

However, if you wreck on a bike, you have the inherent nature of the bike to go over, where as the quad will want to stay on its wheels, unless you take it airborn. But it may be easier to bail from the bike and the bike is USUALLY lighter than the quad so that can be a factor as well.

I dont think its really much of a fair comparison as it depends on the circumstance and the rider more than the difference between the 2 machines.

It depends on the rider.

where as the quad will want to stay on its wheels, unless you take it airborn. But it may be easier to bail from the bike and the bike is USUALLY lighter than the quad so that can be a factor as well.
I sort of disagree..... Any time I've ever wrecked on a quad its flipped, rolled, and ran me over.

The most dangerous type of wreck on a bike is hitting something, theres no way to avoid getting hurt in that situation. I've broken a few bones crashing into trees. Then again if you hit something on a quad you get ejected and that can be really bad.

i prefer quads. i feel safer on them cause the only bike i have ridden was a pit bike and a bmx bike. i got offered a cr250 for trade for my blaster and i had to say no cause i dont feel as safe on them. but its all about the rider.

I've raced both and felt the pain from both. Alot of factors, but I'd say they are the same. A good crash on either hurts like hell :[

yea i have mixed emotions, i say on a bike you have more chances to wreck, and you probly will wreck way more on a bike then you would a qaud

were a quad you are WAY less likely to wreck unless your just that bad of a rider, but the only down side is when you finally do wreck, its generally worse then wrecking on a bike

i'm gonna have to say quad, i know that there are people that say bikes all the way, but i just cn;t ride bikes that well, alot of times quads can make faster lap times at the track and better in corners, and to me, much more atble, i just can't friggin go fast on bikes

Well I have kx 80 race bike and I fall way more than I do on the warrior and I ride way harder on said atv BUT bikes are nice for going around junk but you have to go around mud and really stuff I used to be a huge bike fanatic and now I don't like them for 1 I feel safer on a quad cause the stabilty cuz the throtle on a bike suck on rough stuff cuz it's hard to het a stable grip on a moving grip and they tend to ricochet off stuff On a quad you can slam the stoppers and not worry about losing control of the front tires sand on a bike is a biotch the hight and unstability is a prob in rutty junk on the big bikes and i have been ejected off my warrior from the front tires hiring a falling tree around a blind corner did two or three rolls and landed in the grass and I'm so glad I wasn't on my bike I got up got on rode off so I have to say quads are more safe exept for on pavment