pulling to the left

powerband

Feb 21, 2010
madison ohio
ok. so after a few wheelie spills my blaster is pulling preaty hard to the left im almost sure its the rear thats pulling because it wont do streight wheelies.any advise on finding the problem

check to see if ur axle got bent or ur swinger... happend to me had a friend ass pack my banshee an bent the swinger an then it always pulled really hard to teh left.. id start there

check the chain tensioner bolts. you might have knocked the axle out of line. the bolts should have the same amount of thread showing on each side.

ok. so after a few wheelie spills my blaster is pulling preaty hard to the left im almost sure its the rear thats pulling because it wont do streight wheelies.any advise on finding the problem

I'm just gonna throw this out there cuz I always start with the simple..... First make sure the tire pressure is the same in both rear tires. If you start with a low pressure to begin with, like 10psi, a 1 psi difference will make it wheelie pull.

Next, check the swingarm bearings/bushings. When you're up in a wheelie, the rear end reacts much differently to worn swingarm bearings/bushings, small amounts of play will make it pull. These are easy to overlook too. Next, check front toe settings. There are a couple recent threads on how to do this.

If this all checks o.k. and the chain/axle is properly and evenly adjusted, measure the difference in wheelbase side to side by measuring the distance from front spindle to the rear axle. They should be very close. If it is off you can make up sligh differences by adjusting the rear axle.

Reactions: nathanastone
ooh ya i do have a slow leak i think its on the right side..i did just get this thing like three weeks ago so i still gota go over it realy good.thanks for that brainmatter.haha cool name

id put $1000 on it being the tire pressure i have to always adjust mine to were i can pull a wheelie and not have it pull me to the left or right

also dont go by just a gauge get on it and ride it if it pulls left let some air out of the right and just keep doing this its how i get mine set up right

its most likely what these guys are telling you. my frames tweaked in the back slightly, where the swinger mounts, so when u stand er up on the grab bar and look, you see the swingers verticle and the frames a bit off but it still does straight wheelies. theres nothing else really thats going to make wheelies pull 1 way. unless its pulling to the left while just riding, which i just went back and read and you may mean this. if so, you may have came down a little hard on one side and bent a spindle, a arm or front part of the frame which would suck nut.

yup it definitly was the tire pressure im glad i didnt take that thousand dollar bet ...last time i have a wheelie contest with a bunch of drunkin crazy people.i was just woried it was somthing worse

see told ya aha i know my wheelies. and if you wanna be able to do circles, low low tire pressure is key like 3 pounds :p

I'm just gonna throw this out there cuz I always start with the simple..... First make sure the tire pressure is the same in both rear tires. If you start with a low pressure to begin with, like 10psi, a 1 psi difference will make it wheelie pull.

Next, check the swingarm bearings/bushings. When you're up in a wheelie, the rear end reacts much differently to worn swingarm bearings/bushings, small amounts of play will make it pull. These are easy to overlook too. Next, check front toe settings. There are a couple recent threads on how to do this.

If this all checks o.k. and the chain/axle is properly and evenly adjusted, measure the difference in wheelbase side to side by measuring the distance from front spindle to the rear axle. They should be very close. If it is off you can make up sligh differences by adjusting the rear axle.

rep given. Good post. I like to start simple. too and you had several good ideas with simple solutions. Somtimes ppl just wanna tear into stuff making assumptions on what the problem is. Process of elimination starting with the cheapest / easiest to fix. I:I