Project: Pump Gas Kick-Ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, i love those shocks. are teh arms long travel too? gonna be a badass blaster for sho. what are you getting Ken to do to the engine? sorry, if you already posted it.

They're just standard-travel A-arms. I don't do enough jumping and hard riding to justify long-travel 'arms right now. I did get the package that comes with new tie rod ends and stainless front brake lines, though.

Motor plans are posted on page 1. My engine lost its virginity when I pulled the head and top end. She's a little naked right now, but not for long!

Ken is hooking me up with a 4mil 115 long rod stroker crank, head and case mods, and an aggressive trail port for my stock cylinder. I was gonna do a BBK, but since the LA Sleeve and CT kits are on backorder, I'll just wait to drop the $$ on that until this winter. Probably gonna run a 34mm Mikuni TMX carb and either a CT, Dynoport, or CPI pipe with this rig.

^^That's what I paid...I don't think you're gonna find a much better deal than that on these shocks. I was torn between these and Stage 1 Elka's...but the way I see it, buying an Elka shock is kinda like buying a John Deere lawnmower. You're paying for the name, especially when there are other brands out there which do the job just as well (or better) for less $$. lol

600 bucks for a shock that has no adjustment but preload... yeah there are def better shocks out there.. even a stage 2 elka has comp adjustment and can be found used for pretty cheap (just rebuild and go)

you dont pay for the name... you pay for quality...

IMO works are cheap

I like the shocks. and if they suit your riding style then theres no need to spend money on the best of the best. i do like your plans for front suspension i was planning on going a similar route

Wow guys, its been a long time since I showed my unshaven face around here... But I haven't disappeared off the face of the earth. Just have had no extra $ to play with this spring, so I let the Blaster project (and riding in general) stall. I only have one ATV now, ever since I sold the Polaris to save up for a 4x4.

However, I finally have a build update on the Blaster: Just got my top end back from O'Connor Racing this week. Everyone is right. Ken does top-notch work. His porting and head modding looks awesome and I cant wait to get things back together and try it out. Now all I'm lacking to finish the build is a pipe (probably an F7), a good used carb (34mm Mikuni TM), and a couple odds and ends. Might get a Magura hydro clutch setup if I find a good deal. I'll post more pics when I start putting stuff back together. The wife will be out of town next week and I should FINALLY have time to get gettin' goin' 'gain...

Status
Not open for further replies.