Project not running right

Ya i know im kinda new to the whole carb stuff. But yes ive cleaned the carb, adjusted the floats to the 21mm and i still cant find out the problem. I messed with the tors screw and the air/idle screw and just couldnt keep it running without choke. (It was smoking a lil bit too)

With idle 1.5 out and needle 3 notches out it bogged pretty bad and once I let off the throttle would die

The TORS adjustment adjusts the position of the slide which controls the air fuel mix at idle.

You need now to screw the TORS knob until you get a fast idle without touching the throttle.

Now proceed to adjust the air screw in small increments for the fastest idle possible, waiting at least 10 secs between adjustments for the motor to respond.

Then turn the TORS back to desired idle.

Set the carb screw to 1 1/2 turns , it should be pointing straight up and down , Turn the idle screw all the way to the right , then turn left at Least 3 Full turns and try and start it

I believe the tors is still hooked up, ill have to double check. I know the whole system is there, but I'm not sure electrically. Ok I think I may have found my problem, I only ins unscrewed the tors 3 notches, not 3 full turns. It held 6 psi about 5 min. Yes there is a small air leak but I think it'll be fine

I believe the tors is still hooked up, ill have to double check. I know the whole system is there, but I'm not sure electrically. Ok I think I may have found my problem, I only ins unscrewed the tors 3 notches, not 3 full turns. It held 6 psi about 5 min. Yes there is a small air leak but I think it'll be fine

No, no, no, it may get to be a bigger leak when it warms up.

No leak is allowed as it will mess up the jetting, trust me!

this smells fishy, if you cant even get the motor to run without the chock i dont think you have a idle problem. simply holding the throttle lightly will answer this question. if the motor chugs out when choke is lifted you have more problems then just a tune-up. even with the air screw out of whack the motor will tend to still run just not properly.

Did you do a good clean job to the carb??? jets should be removed cleaned and cleared to be certen that there not cloged. aswell the floats should be removed and the needle should be cleaned aswell. it really sounds like you have a clogged carb of some sort.

Did the motor start acting up first then you checked for leaks??? a leak can cause internal damage which could be the result of the motor acting up. why i say this is because i had a blasty of mine in a pit one day burning around. motor made alittle click sound and started acting up. would barely run without the choke on as i made it home. had the same symptoms as your having. the answer to my problem The exhaust side of the piston broke off and caused the motor to run the way it did.
Just a thought.....

where is the leak located?

Glad to hear the info about the leak thanks. And sorry for miscommunicaton, it does run with the choke off just not very well. It idles much better with the choke on. If I hold the throttle lightly it will stay on but smokes a little bit

I'm really not that sure on the smell but it was white. It only smokes depending on the way I have it tuned like when I was adjusting the carb

If it has been sitting and idling for a while, you may well have a build up of oil in the crancase, if you can give the throttle a few good blips to clear it out.

Yea I've read about that before. Just curious I have a crf250r AND it has a rev limiter. Does my blaster? Like I said I'm new to 2 strokes and they kinda sound like they're always about to blow up haha and I don't want to over rev it