project for the wife

You can hide it from the wife but don't hide it from us.lol Lets see some picsI:I Sounds like a good list of parts you have planned.I bet she will love it.

I havent started yet . I will take it out of the shed tomorow and take it all apart to see exactly what i need for my engine. Ill strip it to yhe frame tomorow as well to get it ready for paint since we dont have a pc shop here. Here a picture of it now. http://s1304.beta.photobucket.com/user/general_lee_banshee/media/image_zps6a4fc3fc.jpg.html

so today i pulled the engine out and right away i knew it would be trouble , no cdi box , welfare wiring harness and a buncha stuff , anyways i pulled the flywheel off anf the stator came with it hahaha wasnt even bolted. so i made my way to the crank and found that i need a new crank , i could just slap some new bearing on it since the rod has no play in it but on the rod bearing i see it has abit of rust so it wont last .so here is the parts i need to complete my engine : crank , cylinder ,carb boot , reeds , head , piston , exaust , cdi box , wiring harness , gaskets , crank bearing and seals ,stator . im guessing that would be around 700$ of used parts. now for the chassis thats what i would need , 4 tires , new brakes , throtle assembly , airbox , grab bar , 1 tie rod , and that would be another 4-500$ if i can find the right deals. now thats around 1000 to 1100$ in parts + i paid 100$ for the bike. so thats 1300$ without paint , primer and wathever else it takes for preparation and about 20hours of work. so i made the math and i could buy a really nice blaster for that price that i would just jump on it and ride it. whatcha guys think of this?

ps the previous owner will get a slap in the face for not knowing mechanics and doing it anyways! some people dont deserve to have tools in their hands

you wont make much on a stock bike i would be best to sell it as a whole the only thing tht you could get money at is the motor if it ran

Well if you were going to throw that away, i might have bought it :p that's got a few nice pieces i could use.. and i like the stock red frame, i could have used that frame and use my current one for the project i have planned