Power Band Question

94 Blaster

Oct 4, 2010
I got my FMF fatty on and power core 2 silencer and also put a 270 main jet
in along with Boysen super stock carbon fiber reeds. It sounds amazing and i do think it opened the bike up some. Now before i get yelled at i did not do a plug chop yet it was only 36 Deg. here today i rode it about 5 minutes. However like the stock system that was on it seems like the power band still comes in late. Any ideas do i need to put a spacer in and also if you guys think so i can't remeber would this go before the cage or after.

Thanks
Brent

in that cold of weather you may need a little more main jet

my FMF definitely didn't hit right off of idle, once you get it on the pipe, keep it there and you'll be good

I agree it is suppose to be 55 deg. this weekend so i will plug chop it then and that will tell the story on the main jet i just wondered if you guys thought spacers may make the power band come in quicker or maybe any other ideas. could be like Brandoz28 said once i get it there keep it there this was a real quick test run to cold to play with it.

adding some timming will have the effect of a sooner power band.. just dont over do it. typically +3 is good for a stock head and pump gas safely. there is a diy on here.