post with pictures or video on blockoff kit

killer454

Aug 2, 2010
i have two blockoff kits that will be here this monday and im thinking of making a picture by picture or a video of the whole process of installing one.

i ordered vito blockoff kits

what do you guys think,would this help some new members:)

i also have a spare carb could do one on carb cleaning to
what do you think of this one?

that would be very helpful, something that we can link new people to since most won't seek it out themselves.

i think i'll be doing the same with splitting the cases

do both, for people with slower internet pics would be better(or those with bandwidth limits) and vids for peeps that are incompetent but have better interwebs.

I guess i never understood why people do this. Plug the carb cap, plug the oil line going in. Let the pump smoke itself. Free nothing. Works fine. Takes 2 seconds.

I guess i never understood why people do this. Plug the carb cap, plug the oil line going in. Let the pump smoke itself. Free nothing. Works fine. Takes 2 seconds.

if you remove the plastic gear and the shaft like you are supposed to the pump is just sitting there doing nothing, not smoking itself

Yeah i understand that. But whats the point who is gonna go back. MAke the video and How to though. :)

Yeah i understand that. But whats the point who is gonna go back. MAke the video and How to though. :)

not me lol, take the pump off, remove the plastic gear and shaft adn reinstall then block off the carb nipple. no vid should be needed lol

Well. i certainly would like i video. Ive had my kit for a few weeks now and keep putting to the back of my to do list because im not entirely sure on what to do. PLEASE MAKE THE VID :)

I have never been in that side of the case. It cant be hard. Two line going in. Track them down. Prob go to a pump about the size of a quarter with two 10mm bolts holding it. Remove bolts remove gear re install pump. Plug lines. Enjoy.

Again i have never been inside but i am positive thats how it is lol.

I have never been in that side of the case. It cant be hard. Two line going in. Track them down. Prob go to a pump about the size of a quarter with two 10mm bolts holding it. Remove bolts remove gear re install pump. Plug lines. Enjoy.

Again i have never been inside but i am positive thats how it is lol.

nothing to do with the case, its just under that little plastic cover.

yeah yeah sorry i did not clarify that part lol. nah nah take your top end off split the cases its in there ;)

yeah yeah sorry i did not clarify that part lol. nah nah take your top end off split the cases its in there ;)

lol no it isnt man :) on the side of the motor there is a little plastic cover, take that cover off and the oil pump is right there. but you need to take the clutch cover off to get to the plastic gear but luckly for us you dont have to split the cases. also i wasnt being sh*tty im just chatting it up in chat and was rushing haha :D I:I

I swear it s in there with the transmission ;) Split those cases fella's lol. No really its under the cover i just did not clarify enough in my never been in there but its not rocket science post.

here is exactly what you do:

1. Drain your transmission oil.

2. Remove the entire clutch cover.

3. flip over the clutch cover and remove the oil injection cover.

4. Remove the pump and replace it with the little metal cover and gasket included in the kit.

5. Put the oil injection cover on then put the clutch cover on with the included new gasket.

6. Using the included rubber cover, remove the oil line from the carb and cover up the brass nipple with this cover

7. remove the oil injection tank from the rear of the quad and unplug all the wires.

8. Drain all of the gas from the quad and replace it with premix.

9. RIDE!!!!!

here is exactly what you do:

1. Drain your transmission oil.

2. Remove the entire clutch cover.

3. flip over the clutch cover and remove the oil injection cover.

4. Remove the pump and replace it with the little metal cover and gasket included in the kit.

5. Put the oil injection cover on then put the clutch cover on with the included new gasket.

6. Using the included rubber cover, remove the oil line from the carb and cover up the brass nipple with this cover

7. remove the oil injection tank from the rear of the quad and unplug all the wires.

8. Drain all of the gas from the quad and replace it with premix.

9. RIDE!!!!!

dont forget about removing the plastic gear and the shaft;) lol but other than that nice write up I:I

WoW and not world of warcraft either. Laid it down for the first post from the youngin lol. I think if you need to be told how to remove the injection you should own a 4poke.