Possibly silly question about paddles...

doc_speeder

Feb 14, 2009
Lethbridge AB
So we're taking a drive down to the dunes at St Anthony Idaho next week. I got a screamin deal on some gently used paddles on rims on Flea Bay. I've never used paddles before and I have the following stupid question:

Does each paddle need to be "clocked" the same? In other words, will it cause any weird problems if for instance the right side is on a paddle, and the left side is on the space between paddles? It feels terrible on my concrete driveway, but is the sand soft enough to get rid of the side to side vibration I have now, or should I get one of the tires rotated slightly forward or back? It's about half-way between wheel lugs, so I'd have to get the tire physically moved on the rim.

Did that make sense???:-[

yeah your gonna want to clock them so that both sides are at the same spot. otherwise you will be getting yanked around and not track straight.
when i did mine i used the splines of the hub to get em as close as i could. way easier than turning the rubber on the rim.

yeah your gonna want to clock them so that both sides are at the same spot. otherwise you will be getting yanked around and not track straight.
when i did mine i used the splines of the hub to get em as close as i could. way easier than turning the rubber on the rim.

Haha, yeah I realized about 5 mins after I posted that moving the hub would be easier...:D

Most of the time we don't realize the easy fix before me go through and tear stuff apart and readjust it. I've done it many times. lol

ofcourse it will feel like crap in pavement..duhhh lol. it doesnt matter if they are lined up, on the 450s due to all the torque its pointless to even attempt to line up the paddles since ur guna constantly spin the beads regardless because of the soft rubber and low tire pressure....3psi or less at times is what i run, my blaster even was spinning the beads, only way to prevent that is run beadlocks which is a bad bad idea since the added weight will cause you to sink in the sand, in sand you want the lightest rim possible.

Check out m&matv.com. Look for pro wedge 2 tires. We all run them in dirt drags around here and they hook up awesome. No vibration on dirt or sand.