possible tors issue?

636chris

Dec 21, 2011
northeast philadelphia ,pa
last time i was out riding my 05 blaster i hit pretty much every mud puddle possible and there was alot trust me lol. eventually my bike just bogged pulling up a hill. well i found out i was actaully running on reserve the whole time (whoops) . so i switch the tank back to on and its still bogging . finally it would free rev with the clutch in but would barely move. so i get it out of the woods after a few minutes and it clears up riding down the street and hasnt done it since. I know this is more than likely because i fooled the plug riding on reserve but could this be an issue with the tors crap getting wet ? last but not least besides not running it on reserve like that again ,is there anything i can do to prevent this from happening again

You cannot foul the plug by running on reserve only issue you may have is if the screen inside the tank is dirty/clogged or you run out of gas. But anyhow, Any electrical connection could of gotten wet. Pull the cap off the tors box where the switch goes and look for water, also could of gotten under the plug cap if it's cracked and not sealing good and causing bad connection, get yourself a NGK 90* boot part number 8031, and that will solve that problem, they are $5. also you could have gotten water in the flywheel stator area, if your cover seal is sh*tty, replace that and you'll solve that issue. I don't ride in deep water at least unless it can't be helped, hell i avoid water when I can , I hate swamp ass especially when it's cold!

lmao . i already have the ngk 90 i just put some water proof electric grease on everything . im more than likely still going to do the tors elimation and block off the o/inj

Well im would say that counts out the plug theory, those ngk seal great!

I'm my opinion I'd delete the tors weather it works perfect or not, I have on my first quad and on this second build it's gone, That is one or should i say, a few electrical connections I never have to worry about! Not to mention cleans the engine compartment up, makes it a cake walk to change jetting, and aleviates all those places that have a seal that could fail and leak air in.