porting pics,links

I have never split a motor before and may be over my head, do you suppose I should just try it and see what happens, not real concerned about budget considering a new motor can be picked up under 500..... I have to learn this shyt if I am gonna beat the piss out of my Blaster like I used to the old 250r (3 wheeler). I think I could use a clutch to, and definitely ditching the stock pipe after picking up the Fatty gold for my wifes 96.

Thanks for the help.

hi i'am new to blasterforum i need some help bought a 2001 blaster the bottom end was all messed up so i bought another engine the bottom end was good so i put the top that is good off the engine that came with the bike and put it on the engine i bought and it has good compression and spark i try kicking it over and it won't start so i'am thinking there is no gas in the carb so i sprayed carb cleaner in it just to get it going it started for like 30 sec and then boged out so i took the carb off it was a little dirty so i rebuilt the carb put it back in and still the same thing so i took the reeds out to see if they was messed up and there was carbon fiber reeds in there and they was bent out like 1/8 out so i put new ones in and still the same thing but now i dont need to spray carb cleaner in it i just have to kick it alot and once i get it to start it bogs out after 1 min and i have to hold the throttle down a little to keep it idle but as soon as i give it more throttle it bogs out do you have any advice

Wheeler Piston Scallop Mod (WS Mod)

Here is a 2-stroke modification to increase the blow-down time and increase the exhaust pulse signal strength to the pipe. This modification is not for beginners and can be done by hand, machine, or CNC. The summary of the mod is to modify your piston dome to match the shape of the upper portion of the exhaust port (the curve of the oval). This allows more area to open for the exhaust to exit in a shorter time (degrees). (see my public pics)

Yamaha Blaster Forum

Last edited:
I put the worm ports in my 01 blaster the day after I rolled it off the showroom floor. The best mod I ever made to it. Would definetly recomend it to anyone thinking of doing it. Its not that hard to do.

there are three builders that frequent this site: Flotek, Kennedy Power and myself. As well as many others on other sites and many who don't do internet type business. What kind of riding do you do with your bike?

hi a guy had told me he could do the porthing on my blaster for $80. he's from town and is doin it out of is house but he said hes done this aton of times should i trust this?

Does anyone have some photo's of a floteck "aggressive trail" port job on there blaster ?
I am curious as to the difference in each builder's work.

a few pictures of Cord(meangreen)s cylinder being cleaned up

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 354
hello

I do everything in my blaster now i have my blaster on garage to male some changes

i just start to modify my cylinder

some transfers

bikepics-1158175-full.jpg

the exaust port

bikepics-1158193-800.jpg

i made a sharp blade in that center BRAKE of gas

bikepics-1133632-800.jpg

there is a lot to do im not finish yet ;)

i hope you guys like

hello

I do everything in my blaster now i have my blaster on garage to male some changes

i just start to modify my cylinder

some transfers

bikepics-1158175-full.jpg

the exaust port

bikepics-1158193-800.jpg

i made a sharp blade in that center BRAKE of gas

bikepics-1133632-800.jpg

there is a lot to do im not finish yet ;)

i hope you guys like

Those are some high quality photos.
Looks good so farI:I what else do you have planned?
Also what tools are you using to grind down?

the quality is no good :( but i have to take more pictures

im gone do some exaust boost for more exaust area and i have to work the piston and then do the squish i have in mind put a bigger piston i don´t have shure yet

i use dremel and things like this i dont know the name in inglish

dremel500.jpg

img

and i use a degreewheel from motion pro

DEGREE.jpg