porting pics,links

warning if you dont know wath you are doing leave it to profetional,cause if you remove too much material you are screwd,there is a lots more to just remove material trust me!!!!

was wondering how your big bore kit works with the stroker crankshaft, some people say it wont work very well

I noticed you had done some machine work to the piston. i dont understand what you mean and did when you say widening the skirt. Also i saw you opend up the windows on the piston, how does that help? does it lower the life of the piston, and if you open up the windows on the piston do you have to do anything to the cylinder to match it up or sumthing?

hmm... think i might tear the blaster apart again and put those worm ports in, seems like a good idea.

will the extra intake ports that were put in from the reed cage area to the cylinder change the powerband location? also, if i widen the exhaust without making it taller will it change powerband location? thanks for any info.

and awesome post randelator, i've been lookin for a while for these... no one else would help. +1

I noticed you had done some machine work to the piston. i dont understand what you mean and did when you say widening the skirt. Also i saw you opend up the windows on the piston, how does that help? does it lower the life of the piston, and if you open up the windows on the piston do you have to do anything to the cylinder to match it up or sumthing?

you need to fully understand how this particular kind of 2 stroke works first. the window matches the intake port and as the piston goes by it acts as a valve, letting the air and fuel into the case, then through the transfer ports and into the chamber, ect. so if you open up the intake, matching the piston is almost necessary to make it worth while... the bigger the widow in the piston, the more air/fuel is going into the moter basically. and no it wont cut down the life of the piston.

so now you know how it works!... hopefully lol

I noticed you had done some machine work to the piston. i dont understand what you mean and did when you say widening the skirt.

he actually narrowed the skirt. look at the next pic or two. i forget the order now, but you can see he carved the bottom of the piston to match the same shape as the bottom of the jug when the piston is at BDC. this allows the intake gasses that flow thru the ports in the piston to go around the bottom of the piston and thru the transfer ports easier.

any thots on my first post?

Here's side by side before and after pics of my motor for reference.

DSCF3270.jpg
DSCF3339.jpg

DSCF3269.jpg
DSCF3345.jpg

another comparison the pricey la sleeve sonic kit versus a stocker i ported
note the yamaha oem 12 port design actually has more port area than even the ct kit!
this kind of extensive work and adding auxilary triple exhaust ports is something that even most builders wont attmept ,so kids dont try this at home ...you *WILL*scrap your jug

Flotek.Just wondering how much you can open up those ports on the vitos 240 .I:I ? Is there really that much of an advantage getting the 240 over the ported stock .

Flotek.Just wondering how much you can open up those ports on the vitos 240 .I:I ? Is there really that much of an advantage getting the 240 over the ported stock .

the bigger 72mm bore will add lots more torque earlier in the rpms so its not so "pipey"in other words its broader stronger torque than the more high strung standard bore version offers

flotek, you are a god. how much would it cost to get the porting in my vitos cylinder i just bought opened up/changed by you? and would it make enough difference for the price? your an honest bussniness man and id trust you with a question like that. alot of people/places would be like WOULD HELP SO MUCH SO WORTH THE BUNCH OF MONEY then it ends up not being like any better than before.

flotek, you are a god. how much would it cost to get the porting in my vitos cylinder i just bought opened up/changed by you? and would it make enough difference for the price? your an honest bussniness man and id trust you with a question like that. alot of people/places would be like WOULD HELP SO MUCH SO WORTH THE BUNCH OF MONEY then it ends up not being like any better than before.

I dont wann bogger up this thread so ill pm you and please dont refer to me as a god of any kind ,im just a guy like you :)