porting is it worth it

blaster 0108

Oct 1, 2008
hey guys i got a blaster with wiseco piston, 30mm carb and pipe silencer. i rode a kfx400 the other and wow way faster it pulls hard in every gear. i know its a 400 and 4 stroke but how will getting some head porting do for my engine or am i better off getting a 400 any help is appreciated

You will smoke almost any 400 on a properly tuned blaster. sounds like you are well on your way with the mod's you've done. Yes get a port job and head redesigned. Ken Oconnor does great work.

you don't port the head. you have the head redesigned and the jug ported. it is probably best to go ahead and replace the piston when you do it to get the most life out of it. it is about 300 bux for a good port job and redesigned head. the piston is about 100 bux. Maybe a little less

talk to civicsdude about porting hes gettin mine i think next week he prob would cut you a deal

So is it just milling the head and raising the exhaust port timing?
Anything need to be done with the boost port?

Considering porting myne also, and I have a nice dremel.

porting is alot more than that, but if you were to clean up the ports, raise to exhaust a little and maybe just slightly widen everything, that would be a hella start for a DIY port job. Actual 150 dollar port jobs deal with alot of calculations and dimensions to open up the ports for what the motor has done to it.