Porting for a stock pipe

still-better-than-miley-cyrus.gif

Yeah I put that hoe in her place and she fell in love haha. Nah that's my wife of 11 years...

This is how it's gonna turn out.....

-I'm going to send both heads to Flotek for milling and re-chambering for pump gas
-I'm going to use a .040" thicker base gasket on each cylinder to bring up the port durations
-I'm going to skim .040" off the top of each cylinder to account for the compression lost by raising the cylinder
-I'm going to raise the exhaust ports roughly an additional 1mm (blaster) and 2mm (250r) to give me a little more blowdown
-I'm going to open up the exhaust ports a good bit and clean up all the casting flaws i can reach with a dremel
-I'm going to bump my jetting up to compensate

All in all I expect about an extra 10-15 wheel horsepower out of each machine. Not bad for about a $300 investment total, including shipping and gaskets for both machines.
But then again I miiiiiight go ahead and do a drag port on the r while I'm at it... Hmmmmmm

By the way the ATC is scary, literally; tons of power and only 3 wheels! Wheelies in 1-4 gear with no clutching...I'm gonna have to grow some bigger balls to ride this thing aggressively, especially if I double the HP on it..

sounds like a plan !
keep us posted

careful on the blaster with base gaskets, no green paper gaskets...ever.
use only oem or cometic < who is the only one i know that will make you any thickness gasket.