Port and polish

Cylinders on ebay can be pretty pricy, especially if its just for a first time/practice port job. I had a kid that was gonna sell me his blaster cylinder on the stock bore for $40. Long story short I didn't save his number and I broke my phone so I can't get a hold of him now, let's just say im kicking myself in the head now !

Dang!! $40 woulda been a sweet deal! Jump on the next one. And yea after looking on ebay and seeing how much it will cost to do a first time port job I think I'm just going to send it to KOracing and have him do it right.
Thanks for the input guys!

Yea thats what I'm finding. I've still got an chip on my shoulder telling me to do it but I know if I want a reliable bike that will work everytime it comes out of the garage..I should just leave it to a professional. Ken Occonors pricing is very resonable too.

Yanked the cylinder out tonight. Taking it to work tomorrow to show an ol'machinist who's port and polished a few engines in his day. We'll see what kind of pointers he gives me... And tools!

I didn't know they where going for that much oh well. Try locally to man I sold the 35$ locally. I have a few cylinders but I think there all .67mm an above id have to check when I get to my dads.

Did some work with the dremel last week, new gaskets came in today, dropped the cylinder off at the local machine shop to have it cross-hatched/honed for $20. I'm going to be re-using the stock piston and rings. I'm pretty stoked! I'll post some pics of the cylinder and top tonight when I get home.

Scratch that not using the stock piston and rings. Put my order in on Rockymountainatv.com for wiseco .020 over pro-light piston and rings.

And to think the whole reason this started was because I did a leak down test to check for leaks before I put my toomey B1 and reeds on...
Then port and polish
then bore .020 over, Wiseco piston and rings
what next!

I wanna freaking ride!!

Scratch that not using the stock piston and rings. Put my order in on Rockymountainatv.com for wiseco .020 over pro-light piston and rings.

And to think the whole reason this started was because I did a leak down test to check for leaks before I put my toomey B1 and reeds on...
Then port and polish
then bore .020 over, Wiseco piston and rings
what next!

I wanna freaking ride!!

Smart for leak testing or you'd be kicking yourself as instead of a hone you'd be bored and possibly new crank bearings!

Next time you want a piston give woodward specialties a Pm he has the best prices-fastest shipping and , great customer service!!

Alright here are some pics of the cylinder after the DIY port job. I don't have a picture of the exhaust but I did some cutting and polishing inside it.
I think it came out pretty good.
Let me know what you guys think.

Update: .020 Wiseco Piston arrived today in the mail!
Still at work currently.. so can't take it to the machine shop to have the cylinder and piston matched/bored out.
Won't be able to get it there until Monday so won't be ready until Tuesday.

Which is when I leave for the Bahamas so the poor gal will be sitting tight for
a bit until I get back...

Attachments

• Bottom of cylinder.jpg
    Bottom of cylinder.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Reed side.jpg
    Reed side.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 185
  • Topend.jpg
    Topend.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 150
Not bad so far, it could pay to knife the brigde some, to take away the wall.

You may like to smooth out some of the stepped areas.

Whatever you do, with what you have done, you are going to find some improvment in power.