Port and polish

Alright here are some pics of the cylinder after the DIY port job. I don't have a picture of the exhaust but I did some cutting and polishing inside it.
I think it came out pretty good.
Let me know what you guys think.

Update: .020 Wiseco Piston arrived today in the mail!
Still at work currently.. so can't take it to the machine shop to have the cylinder and piston matched/bored out.
Won't be able to get it there until Monday so won't be ready until Tuesday.

Which is when I leave for the Bahamas so the poor gal will be sitting tight for
a bit until I get back...

trip to bahamas! I think the blaster can wait.

looks good so far. there is a lot more you can do if you take the time. it's worth the effort.

trip to bahamas! I think the blaster can wait.

looks good so far. there is a lot more you can do if you take the time. it's worth the effort.

Are you talking about cutting more out of the cylinders cast? or just other mods. I just ran my blaster funds nearly dry so I won't be able to put more money into it for a month or two. I'm really hoping this build goes correctly. I'm expecting the worse though so I have prepared for it!

Back from the Bahamas, put the bike together last night. Took about 3 1/2 hours. I was taking my time and did a leak down test before putting the engine completely together. HELD 6PSI FOR 1 MINUTE!! woo-whooo!

Total of work done..
Wiseco .020 Piston/Rings/Roll pin
Cometic top end gasket kit
Port & Polish
Vforce3 Reeds
Toomey B1 Exhaust

The bike sounds Bad A$$!
I'll put up a sound clip later tonight for anyone who is interested in hearing how it sounds.
Runs like a top!

Back from the Bahamas, put the bike together last night. Took about 3 1/2 hours. I was taking my time and did a leak down test before putting the engine completely together. HELD 6PSI FOR 1 MINUTE!! woo-whooo!

Total of work done..
Wiseco .020 Piston/Rings/Roll pin
Cometic top end gasket kit
Port & Polish
Vforce3 Reeds
Toomey B1 Exhaust

The bike sounds Bad A$$!
I'll put up a sound clip later tonight for anyone who is interested in hearing how it sounds.
Runs like a top!

It is supposed to hold 7psi for 10 minutes.

Try again!

I trust you have performed heat cycles and will break it in correctly.

6 psi for one minute means your not holding air... retry if you still arnt holding air

i heard squiting the motor with soapy water is an easy way of detection for an air leak

While 5 min sis the recommended time, I like too be sure and do it for 10 mins.

14mqc1y.jpg