polaris 4 stroke leak test???

jus_me

Aug 8, 2012
N.Y
The wife bought a four stroke polaris:eek:,, ' my question is can i do a leak down test and as a two stroke??? It's a clean quad and runs great!! Came with new chain and sprockets new brake pads. It was bought from a relative and we have all the records, i just want to go through it like i have my 2 stroke but am not so familiar with 4 strokes. Can i do a leak down test as i do my 2 strokes? She used to have a2 stroke polaris and was a little let down when we went for a ride.. hence she took the blaster and i rode the polaris,, go figure..but it's a nice clean quad good for firewood and hunting, and allot quieter , i just want to know if i can do a leak down test the same as i do a2 stroke??? Plus its full auto,, easy for the kids..there young,, my oldest its autistic but he's learning.. n the blasters are to fast for him.. ( by the way the blue blaster RIIIIPS!!!)' I'm 180lbs and that little thing moves!!!! Easily beats 400s no prob,, so can't teach him on that yet.. but can and is a leak down test basically the same on a4 :-/stroke??? Thanks guys... (by the way i would never get rid of my blue blaster ilooooooove that thing, it impresses me every time, so light n nimble yet a little rocket) imo one of the best little quads ever made..i have a few mods n it embarrasses 400s all day..,, but back to my subject. 4 stroke leak down test same as 2stroke????:-/

In a word, NO. The crankcase is not "sealed" in same way
A leak down test on a 4choke tests for leaking valves or bad rings. Piston @ TDC just before power stroke, I guess you could set it with intake valve open and ex closed to bubble test for leaks on intake tract, but that's it.

This is what I have : Search results for: 'leak tester'.
I actually use it for testing 2s but have to have tank off if engine is mounted.
If you're concerned, do a compression test, adjust the valves, change the oil, and ride it. 4s do have some advantages :eek:

Thanks. Did a compression test it came up great.. changed oil,etc,etc.. everything seems to be nice and tight and great shape. Well the one advantage on my end is its easy for my son to ride being auto and allot quieter than the twos. But for being a firewood trailer puller and poking around its great.. but all in all it seems like a pretty well built quad. Put fresh gas in and she ran 10x better (not that it ran bad before) I'm a little of subject here but i brought my chain saw into the shop where i bought it at the small engine mower shop because it has a two year warranty on it because it saves me time, and get this..I've never heard of this before but the guy didn't want to fix it because he said since i live in N.Y and use N.Y gas he wouldn't warranty it. Says something about the ethanol in our gas.. i thought all states had ethanol in there gas!? Being i bought it right down the road he should have mentioned this to me before hand.. I've never heard of such a crock of $ht to not warranty something.. the saw wasnt cheap either, it's a husky.. I've always used them and never had any real problems with them there one of the best i.m.o... but this one seems to be a lemon..

Agree that's a crock. I would tell them I'll stand out at the road with a sign saying they won't honor factory warrenty and drive away business. Worked for me years ago for a tv I bought. Let them know you will also be contacting the BBB.
Also contact Husky directly see what they have to say about it. There would have to be a dis claimer in warrenty if that were really the case.