Pod Filter ?

Apr 12, 2009
SW Florida
Is anyone out there running a pod filter on a stock carb? I was wondering if they have noticed any performance gains over open air box with paper filter? I was also wondering if anyone has attempted any other mods to get more air flow. Thanks

DONT DO IT MAN, unlsee you are street riding i would never do it, there is so mush more chance of water, i know holeshotman and a couple others do it, but there will likely still be turbulance problems, i am not a big airflow guy but i dont think the performance is worth the risk, just my 2 cents

Yeah I understand the concerns I was just curious about it. I am trying to get some more power out of my blaster. I am running 13 40 gearing and i have massive 22-23 inch tires. I am not sure if it is my gearing but anything after 3rd gear and it seems like I fall flat. 1st 2nd 3rd plenty of power and torque and good WOT. I am running a 280 main jet maybe thats a bit rich ? FMF pipe, open air box, VF3 reeds, timming mod...

you need smaller tires... those are huge get some 20's and you should be running good... 2 strokes are funny you cant just ram more air into them and get more power like a car. they have to have a balanace the air coming in has to match the fuel and oil and it also has to be able to match the air flow going out the exhaust. with an open air box thats not to far off do a plug chop to check... and get some smaller rear tires

Yeah I tried the 14 40 gearing and with these tires when I made that change I had no wheelie power at all... with 13 40 and the tires I have on now I can wheelie like nothing in 1st and 2nd. I have a yamaha warrior with 20's ill swap out the hubs and see if i like the power difference. Thanks for the advice !

i rn the pod filters on 2 of the 3 blasters and have had no problems what so ever, but they only get ridden od the sand. so not much of an issue on the water