plug chop technique?

they are both mikuni jets from the same dealership. at first it seemed to run pretty rich when i warmed it up, but i used the old plug that came with it. when i put the new plug in for the reading it ran great, but no noticeable difference then with the 280, maybe a c-hair less power. i put the old plug back in for the ride home and it was doggy again, so i wont be using that old sum b again.

i dont think the resisted plug would matter, besides they were both the same br8es plug. but yes i am taking the carb off to change jets, because it is easier to not strip float bowl screws, and keep dirt out of the float area. but i was thinking maybe somehow when i put the carb back on the last time maybe it didnt seal up well around the boots, i dont know how else to explain it. the boots arent cracked, but maybe there was some dirt i missed? it hasnt been leak tested since i bought it a few weeks ago, but any new leaks that a leak down test would find would have to have developed in the 15 hours between plug readings. otherwise it still wouldnt make sense that the 280 gave a darker reading than the 290

good work blaaster, have some rep for probably saving me from blowing er up. after a thorough investigation of the boots for possible air leaks i found a crack on the bottom of the reed cage boot. it must have been weak there and finally cracked the last time i had the carb off. sh*t the bed

so if someone has one of these laying around for my stock carb...i have paypal

unfortunately my other blaster is under the knife, so this leaves me up sh*t creek without a blaster.

doesn't your other blaster have a boot you could steal ?????

after a thorough investigation of the boots for possible air leaks i found a crack on the bottom of the reed cage boot. it must have been weak there and finally cracked the last time i had the carb off.

Been there before, that rubber boot takes a lot of punshiment, vibration, heat, and flexing due to carb removal. B)

yeah i can steal a boot from the 2000. the 88 boot has the beginnings of cracks that dont leak, but i dont want to use it, especially after this. so that still leaves me with one boot for two blasters