PJ 38 to PWK Air Striker??

DeJay1206

Sep 17, 2013
Leechburg, PA
I'm switching from the pj carb, it sucks in the woods and I can't get it to idle. Plus I have no bottom end power.

Which one, the pwk or pwk air striker, will give me more power on bottom end on my 98 RM 250? I can't seem to find a definitive answer about whether there are differences or not between the two models.

you sure the power valve is working correctly ?
another same size carb with the same jetting, is going to solve your issues ?

I suggested to dejay today that we should take the bike to a local shop, the shop is a independent shop which is own an ran by a factory Suzuki pro mx racer's father which is his mechanic, in 1998 they were using the same bikes dejay is struggling with. They raced an woods rode with pj an had no issues,

I suggested to dejay today that we should take the bike to a local shop, the shop is a independent shop which is own an ran by a factory Suzuki pro mx racer's father which is his mechanic, in 1998 they were using the same bikes dejay is struggling with. They raced an woods rode with pj an had no issues,

winner winner chicken dinner !

Yes, I'm sure that everythimgs running as it should. I ordered a pwk, rm 250s are known for not idling with the pj carb and being a pain to get running right. I'd rather just get a new carb and be done with it. The pwk is much easier to tune and to run with and they're known for being better on the bottom end. The pj was put in that bike to race...therefore the low end is lacking.. with the pwk the top end is sacrificed for low end.

I got the rm I am working on to idle. It is a PJ carb. the PJ on my blaster idles pretty good as well. albeit, I need to re jet the RM and plug chop it. since it was used for ice racing. shes running a bit rich.