Next BIG step.

smuckerpud

Feb 6, 2014
eastern PA
So I've gotten everything done that needed to be done. All bearings and bushings replaced. Widened and lengthened. upgraded suspension. Full hydro upgrade. Cfm airbox w/uni. motor was rebuilt top and bottom with wiseco. Mild port and head work. Full toomey exhaust. Stock(properly jetted) carb. Runs perfect and never leaves me hangin. I run anywhere from 30°f up to 95 or so. Mainly run in the reading anthracite area doing trails and hills, so elevation changes A good amount (I'll check range in a bit)

My cylinder is on its last bore. So here's where you guys come in. I'm looking to do a 240 stroker. I planned on just going with the KOR 240 kit (the one that they sell that's already ported and such). I can't decide, nor know the differences(besides obvious size diffs), between the +3 and+4. And any brand opinions would help.
Then there is the carb. What would be best for power/reliability through the temp changes? I'm more geared towards reliability in this part. I don't mind adjusting the air fuel throughout the year, but honestly just to lazy to be swapping jets all the time.
also I'm looking to stick with pump gas. So not really looking to up the compression. I'm not just lazy, but cheap, too. :)
i run with a bunch of guys on turbo'd and stroked 700s. But they are also all double+ my weight. Would love to show up one day and leave them in the dust. Ha
and any rough estimates of power output would be welcome, or known similar builds.
Any opinions on all subjects always appreciated. Thanks
20150412_135551.jpg

The area is listed at 650-750ft. I'm sure the range is greater than that throughout the entire area i ride. right now in the stock carb, i have the standard jets that come with the toomey b1 kit(320 main i believe), and they never give me any issues.

+4 crank requires case trenching and you won't notice the difference in going with the +3 instead. You still have to shave a little off the opening of your crankcase to clearance a +3 but that's something everyone can do. You want to make sure that the porting is done specifically for your stroker crank so you will need to ship your bottom end to KOR as well if you are going that route. The carb all depends on what pipe and style riding you do. To match a high end pipe you want a big carb (KOR suggested the 35mm air striker to me). If you want power down low then a small carb and a dmc alien are a good match up.