Piston question

blaster7

Mar 5, 2011
Martinsburg wv
Hey there fellas,well about two weeks ago I got my lil sister's blasty porting done,so now I've decided to port my own vitos bbk now hear is what I need to know is should I port the piston? and what should I port? like intake windows or that little notch on the top right around the exhaust? now im'a run my cylinder at 2mm's at the exhaust and hmmmm I guess open the intake port about 2mm's as well so what to do with the piston? thanks for all the help guys.

you dont need to port the piston. its much more difficult than just porting the jug. if you throw the balance off of the piston because you took more material off one side than the other you will more than likely be buying a new top end in a week

You should NOT port the boost window in the back of the piston.

if you have the patience to do it accurately, you SHOULD port the sides of the piston skirt so they match up with the bottom of the transfer ports.

you know, on the bottom of the side of the piston, the cut out aligns with the cutout for the transfers. you should match the piston to the liner.

The piston failing has nothing to do with "balance" , it's the fact that you remove material and a smaller piece will break esier than a larger one. It's fine for someone that drags and puts a new slug in every season, and needs every bit they can get, but you'll never miss it. Before you go rasing the ex 2mm, might want to put a degree wheel on it to see what kind of timing you will end up with. Could end up with such a narrow power band that you will hate yourself.

Have you read G. Jennings or H. G. Bell?

The piston failing has nothing to do with "balance" , it's the fact that you remove material and a smaller piece will break esier than a larger one. It's fine for someone that drags and puts a new slug in every season, and needs every bit they can get, but you'll never miss it. Before you go rasing the ex 2mm, might want to put a degree wheel on it to see what kind of timing you will end up with. Could end up with such a narrow power band that you will hate yourself.

Have you read G. Jennings or H. G. Bell?

Jennings and Bell are epic!

You could send it out to flotek or ken oconnor or wildcard racing they all do this mod and for pretty cheaply like $40 tops from any of them. Plus whatever it costs you. You don't necesarally have to port it it's just easier to get a bit more outta your motor while it's already apart.

no no lol I've already did my sisters vitos 240 and I came out great lol,I was just wondering should I try the piston,but since posting this I've talked to flotec and have decided not to do it but as for porting the cylinder hell yeah I can do it laughs,and from what I found 2mm is perfect lol,anything less then 2mm I find that it's not that noticeable to be honest guys,I tried 1mm along with porting the transfers and boysens and yeah it was better then what it was but I just wasn't happy,it had to much torque and not enough mid to high ya know,so I called flotek and a guy there said go 2mm and since I have that's been gold to me lol,see the 72mm piston is alot to push and mainly all torque,but now it's just a rocket,I hope anybody that see's this go's 2mills on there 240's as well,as soon as I get the chance I'll try to get some pics up of my cylinder to show you what can be done with just a dremal n bits with some sand paper you'll be amazed.