pilot jet ?? how do i kno ??

fxchris

Oct 20, 2010
Miami, Fl
hey guys ive been searching the forum and i cant find the answer to my question so i decided to make a thread . how do i know i need to put in a bigger pilot ( idle ) jet . what are the signs ? so far the blasty is running great with a 152 main and 38 pilot. il be switching to 155 main and 40 pilot once they come in . its just when im getting out of first gear it sounds like it wants to almost bog out but it doesnt and it stalls somtimes on me when im going over a big lump or something . i think its the pilot jet or maybe air screw needs a lil adjustment . but so far blasty is running like a champ . what you guys think ??

lean pilot will usually make the idle "hang" or basically after you rev it a bit there will be a delay in the engine returning to idle

Read the carb tuning guide to tune your carburetor properly and you'll understand the relationship between the pilot jet and the air screw. Once you've read the instruction manual on how to do it, go out and try. Once you've been completely stumped come back in and read the instruction manual again...

Once you've done that, you'll actually figure out how the two are connected and you'll be able to come back on here and share your experiences where we can all sit and chuckle about the time we spent diddling with carburetor adjustments. A good laugh will be had by all!

Believe it or not, the knowledge will help you out in the long run.

Give a man a fish, feed him for the day. Teach a man how to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

Go here:

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/jetting-pe-pj-pwm-pwk-14934/

It's actually in the "engine" section as a sticky marked "Yamaha Engine, Everything You Need to Know! -Most Useful Posts -" which is a darn convenient name considering all of the useful information it holds. There are a lot of other posts in there about all knids of nifty things you'll need to know.

:) have fun!

Believe it or not, the knowledge will help you out in the long run.

Give a man a fish, feed him for the day. Teach a man how to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

Go here:

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/jetting-pe-pj-pwm-pwk-14934/

It's actually in the "engine" section as a sticky marked "Yamaha Engine, Everything You Need to Know! -Most Useful Posts -" which is a darn convenient name considering all of the useful information it holds. There are a lot of other posts in there about all knids of nifty things you'll need to know.

:) have fun!
alright il take a look at it when i have the time to read it all . thanks bro