OKO carbs?

actually, I'm surprised you are going to run as small of a carb as a 28 or 30mm. Usually people bump up somewhere between 33-35mm for that much motor.

But no I would bump up the jets that come in it at least 1 pilot size and two main sizes. You are flowing a lot of free air with that combo. You can always lean it out later if you need to, but break-in is a very bad time to be lean. (as if there were a good time)

actually, I'm surprised you are going to run as small of a carb as a 28 or 30mm. Usually people bump up somewhere between 33-35mm for that much motor.

But no I would bump up the jets that come in it at least 1 pilot size and two main sizes. You are flowing a lot of free air with that combo. You can always lean it out later if you need to, but break-in is a very bad time to be lean. (as if there were a good time)

i'm kinda surprised at that too, most guys run a 34mm with a 240 kit

cheers royalt, the guy offers packs of ten jets ill get it running on whats in there then order 155 up to 165 and as long as its happy with the pilot ie starting and has a bit of response ill run that untill i can start opening it up and see how it feels from there, im breaking mine in too. does this sound like a plan? sorry for all the q's ive not done much jetting before aside from just throwing them in and hoping for the best, id like to get this one right though and you guys have all done it and seem to know ur arse from ur elbow! cheers.:D

Chances are it will start and run with the standard jets in the carb. Check the plug after at least your first break-in ride. The last thing you want to do is start melting things right out of the box.

Be aware though, that no one has ever said anything good about non-Keihin jets. Those 10 packs they sell cheap are Chinese made and have a rep for being iffy. Doesn't mean you can't use em, hell they're just a piece of brass with a hole in the middle, but I've heard they don't always follow their stated size well. Like a 160 might actually have a smaller size hole than a 155. This just means that when you start jetting, pay good attention to what the change does for you, and plug color etc.