Oil Ratio When using Amsoil Sythedic Dominator

i can't wait to see the carbon build-up you guys experience on the piston crown and exhaust port when running oils designed for 50:1 @ 32:1

there's a reason amsoil recommends the mixture they do for each of their oils, one of them even being 100:1,
and that is a higher viscosity before mixing, and added lubricants that allow it to be run at those mixture ratios safely

run any oil at what the bottle says, and if 50:1 freaks you out, get an oil designed to be run at 32:1 such as the maxima's..."927" or my personal favorite "super m"

i'd also think that if your running any of those oil's mixed at the wrong ratio, you might as well forget all the jetting info available on here, as 98%+ of it is at 32:1 with oil designed to be run at that ratio

So you meant gearcase, or box.

Plain old 10w30 motor oil with no friction modifiers in the gearbox, although toying with the idea of using ATF type F.

Wait, am I reading these posts correctly? There is Premix OIL and fuel for the fuel tank (that is obvious), oil for the gear/clutch box (that is obvious), and oil for the crankcase??? :-/ :eek: Am I missing something? Where do you change oil for the crankcase??? Where is the drain plug? And why would that be premixed if you aren't burning the fuel??? I thought these blasters were supposed to be simple. 8-|

Wait, am I reading these posts correctly? There is Premix OIL and fuel for the fuel tank (that is obvious), oil for the gear/clutch box (that is obvious), and oil for the crankcase??? :-/ :eek: Am I missing something? Where do you change oil for the crankcase??? Where is the drain plug? And why would that be premixed if you aren't burning the fuel??? I thought these blasters were supposed to be simple. 8-|

No oil in the crankcase only what gets in with the premix fuel, so no drain plug either.

i can't wait to see the carbon build-up you guys experience on the piston crown and exhaust port when running oils designed for 50:1 @ 32:1

there's a reason amsoil recommends the mixture they do for each of their oils, one of them even being 100:1,
and that is a higher viscosity before mixing, and added lubricants that allow it to be run at those mixture ratios safely

run any oil at what the bottle says, and if 50:1 freaks you out, get an oil designed to be run at 32:1 such as the maxima's..."927" or my personal favorite "super m"

i'd also think that if your running any of those oil's mixed at the wrong ratio, you might as well forget all the jetting info available on here, as 98%+ of it is at 32:1 with oil designed to be run at that ratio

Along with the carbon build up problem, Awk has a very good point about ratios.

When you change fuel to oil ratios, you disturb the fuel to air ratio, which require changes in jetting, confirmed by a plug chop!