Oil Ratio When using Amsoil Sythedic Dominator

tigersfan45700

Apr 29, 2012
Eastern MI
I just did the oil block off, and on the bottle of oil it saids 50:1 my uncle agrees with this because the oil doesn't burn off as fast I like to have a nice smoke trail so I no my engine is getting nice and lubed up. What ratio do u guys run with Amsoil Dom

I just bought that stuff too, I haven't used it yet though. Now you have got my all curious! haha

I just bought that stuff too, I haven't used it yet though. Now you have got my all curious! haha

My uncle runs it in his banshee at 50:1 for me that's a little risky I'm on the fence even running at like 40:1 when I mixed gas today [first time:D] I over filled the mixing cup up to 44:1 by mistake8-|

Last edited:
I tried the dominator at 32:1
My bike didn't run for sh*t
An email to amsoil confirmed
It is to be mixed at 50:1
I gave the rest of it away and went back to maxima at 32:1

I just did the oil block off, and on the bottle of oil it saids 50:1 my uncle agrees with this because the oil doesn't burn off as fast I like to have a nice smoke trail so I no my engine is getting nice and lubed up. What ratio do u guys run with Amsoil Dom

"I like to have a nice smoke trail so I no my engine is getting nice and lubed up."

A perfectly lubed motor can be destroyed by running just a little on the lean side of the fuel/air ratio.

The amount of smoke produced is no guide to a healthy running motor, and burning off slower has nothing to do with lubrication, as it is after the event of lubrication.

I believe Amsoil is greater in viscosity (thicker) than other oils so one can get away with a lesser ratio.

No matter what the bottle or Uncle says I would be running 32:1 and playing it safe.

Be warned. Messing with oil ratios may require a change of main jet. More oil = less fuel (lean). less oil = more fuel (rich).

if i could afford it i would run 20:1 i read somewhere the more oil used, the more hp you actually get. 1: becasue it lubricated very well. and 2: the oil is VERY combustable

More oil, with the correct jetting will increase the compression some, with maybe a ummpth of horsepower gain, but not noticable with the ass dyno.:D

I run it in my banshee,blaster,and kdx at 32.1 with no issues.

Ive seen in ran in other blasters at 50.1 with no issues.But the dominator is the racing stuff i prefer the interceptor myself still at 32.1 also keep in mind the banshee of your uncles is watercooled so you get away with things on a watercooled setup that you couldnt with air cooled.

Seriously though run 32.1 and have the peace of mind youre looking for and the motor will thank you with years of service.

I run it in my banshee,blaster,and kdx at 32.1 with no issues.

Ive seen in ran in other blasters at 50.1 with no issues.But the dominator is the racing stuff i prefer the interceptor myself still at 32.1 also keep in mind the banshee of your uncles is watercooled so you get away with things on a watercooled setup that you couldnt with air cooled.

Seriously though run 32.1 and have the peace of mind youre looking for and the motor will thank you with years of service.

Im proib gonna run 32:1 but i already mixed gas on sunday when i finished the oil block off i mixed at 44:1 so how do i know how much i have to add to get up to 32:1

yep 4 oz per gallon just use up the 44:1 mix and when you make a new batch keep it at 32:1 I use it to it's pretty much the best premium stuff you can get besides Maxima and very few others but at 17 bucks a bottle and amsoil at $10-12 a bottle you cant really beat it. Budget blaster I can never find interceptor in quarts only gallons so I've never tried it I bet it's good though. But keep it at 32:1 cause anything higher dosent do much performance wise but seal the rings up better. But it would only need to be sealed up better if there was a problem in the first place (shrug) so dont mix any higher than that. Although I will say this some people will say mix at 40:1 this is acceptable if your trail riding. The 32:1 ratio was discovered as the best ratio for racers where your actions are a good bit more demanding on the motor. Ok and good luck

yep 4 oz per gallon just use up the 44:1 mix and when you make a new batch keep it at 32:1 I use it to it's pretty much the best premium stuff you can get besides Maxima and very few others but at 17 bucks a bottle and amsoil at $10-12 a bottle you cant really beat it. Budget blaster I can never find interceptor in quarts only gallons so I've never tried it I bet it's good though. But keep it at 32:1 cause anything higher dosent do much performance wise but seal the rings up better. But it would only need to be sealed up better if there was a problem in the first place (shrug) so dont mix any higher than that. Although I will say this some people will say mix at 40:1 this is acceptable if your trail riding. The 32:1 ratio was discovered as the best ratio for racers where your actions are a good bit more demanding on the motor. Ok and good luck

Lucky SOB i cant ever find it in gallons only qts!:eek:

Where ya getting gallons at a time?

The local snomobile only fix it shop like 500 feet down from my house for a little more than $40 or so a gallon like $44 something.

im a trail rider I:I

So if I have the Dominator, just mix at 32:1 and I should be fine? I am thinking not because awks bike ran like crap

yep. blaaster | Also dominator is kinda ment for water cooled 2stroke dirtbikes and such and interceptor is formulated to work better in air cooled 2 cycle engines but as I understand it the two should be interchangeable with the above said at least in my experience. yamaha28