Oil Coming from Clutch lever

ccolt1

May 30, 2010
N. Ca
I just got a new 2001 blaster for my daughter have noticed today that there is oil coming from where the clutch lever is on the crank case. Just alittle is coming out but that is to much for me. what could be causing this? It also looks like the crank case seal is leaking just alittle on the bottom. It looks like it might need a new gasket and a couple of new phillips bolts. I hope this is not bad.Thanks for any help!:-/

I think I found what it was. I I pressed down on the lever and it popped down just alittle and now it seems like it stopped leaking now.:)

since it was leaking you should drain the oil and change it, but make sure you put the right amount back in...should be about halfway up the sight glass ....cant remember what the measurement it though...someone help me out...

There is a seal where the clutch actuator is.Very easy to replace.Sounds to me like you need to split or semi split the cases and use some "liquid gasket 1194" to reseal the cases together.there is no gasket inbetween the cases and requires what I said above or equivelant.Do not use silicone or any other type of sealer than what is reccomended.The stock phillips bolts are no good.What I like to refer to as "butter bolts". Snyder motorsports sells a nice complete stainless allen head bolt kit for the blaster for about $30.Well worth the investment and you can actually get the correct torque specs with them unlike the phillips bolts.A complete seal kit is fairly cheap and worth it to change them out while it is apart.Blaster motors are relatively easy to work on and if you are mechanically inclined than it should be no problem for you.I can provide some pics and knowledge to help you out if need be,just let me know by sending a private message.Hope this helps.

Thank you all for the help! Thank you dualstroke for the advice and for offering you help! I would definitely like to get some pictures form you. Should there be any fluid on that side of the case or should it be dry? I'm trying to find a new gasket and will replace . I think I will also get the kit you reccomended. I have done a motor before but that was when I was fifteen so about 17 yrs ago...lol How hard is it to split the case? Thanks again!

Last edited: