no drags at busco for E2S meet in september?

2smoker85

Dec 13, 2008
Edgewater MD
well heard a rumor busco changed hands for millions of dollars and the new owner doesnt want to let them drag this yr?? anyone know anything else about this story? or just a rumor?

Busco Beach has been sold. D-Lo's ATV is no longer going to be managing the drag races from now on. They're setting up a drag event at Dunn Benson drag strip.

However, Busco Beach & ATV Park shows drag events scheduled for the rest of the year. My thoughts (purely my belief) are that Busco Beach will be putting on the drag events from now on.

that sux ass, kinda defeats the purpose, if they dont do them there are going to be a lot of people that wont come for that purpose.

D-Lo's ATV will not be running the races.... that doesn't mean that there won't be sand drag races at busco....

You better believe if Jimmy Pierce plans on X'ing the drag races altogether, there will be a nasty call placed to Pierce Motorsports next week about it. I could care less who manages them, but drag races at Busco rock because when they're not moving fast, you can go ride in the rest of the park for a while.

Personally I think busco will be a better place without the old owner as well as d-slow as i call him. The drags were run very poorly and took all damn night which has discouraged many racers and spectators. I think it will be a better place after the transition of the new owner is 100% complete.

Personally I think busco will be a better place without the old owner as well as d-slow as i call him. The drags were run very poorly and took all damn night which has discouraged many racers and spectators. I think it will be a better place after the transition of the new owner is 100% complete.

So far, I'm echoing the same sentiment. I am waiting in a reply back from the new owners clarifying the situation about the sand drags. My hope is that they won't discontinue use of that facility, just take over the operation themselves and continue to operate it with the same principle (and maybe a little quicker between rounds etc)

I have sent them an email in regards to the drag racing there. I let them know about the yearly E2S gathering and that the drags are a major part of why so many make the long haul. The gathering will still take place, but there will be alot of guys not making the trip if the drags are discontinued. I will report back with what I find out. I really cant see them not having an organized drag event and lose out on the money.

I have sent them an email in regards to the drag racing there. I let them know about the yearly E2S gathering and that the drags are a major part of why so many make the long haul. The gathering will still take place, but there will be alot of guys not making the trip if the drags are discontinued. I will report back with what I find out. I really cant see them not having an organized drag event and lose out on the money.

I agree 100% .

Hi James,

Mr Lopez will no longer be handling the event; however, we will still be having drag races. We will be improving several aspects such as time posting, lighting and organization. We will be posting information to our website as we proceed with these improvements.

Thanks,
Amber

^^^^The reply JUST received from (I'm assuming) Mrs. Pierce.

Hi James,

Mr Lopez will no longer be handling the event; however, we will still be having drag races. We will be improving several aspects such as time posting, lighting and organization. We will be posting information to our website as we proceed with these improvements.

Thanks,
Amber

^^^^The reply JUST received from (I'm assuming) Mrs. Pierce.

Thats great news as expected. As soon as Jack bennet is totally out of the picture you will see improvements at busco in every aspect. The place was very unorganised in many areas. I make these comments because i have known Jack way before busco was started and i know how he does business.;)

Thanks for the information! We will have the updated event information posted this week on our web page and on Facebook.

The event will be greatly improved with track maintenance, announcements, organization, time postings and registration process.

And another reply. Specifically outlining their intent to streamline registration and time posting!

and here is the reply that i got from them. I did respond back with the question of will there still be a race on the weekend that we all will be there. i'll post back with the reply when i get it. they stand to make some good money that weekend off of us alone at the drag strip. we'll see.

Hi Scott,

Yes, we will still be having the drag events. We are improving the event with several updates that you will be able to follow on our website, such as posted times, improved lighting and better organization.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Amber

this just in. start packin!

Hi Scott,

All scheduled races will still take place. Once all the new changes are implemented the spectator and registration crowds will increase. There will not be any delays in start times and as mentioned before several other improvements will be made.

We are very excited to get all the changes implemented and the updates posted to our website!

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Amber

great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope they run the events even as good as D-lo did. any better than that would be a total blessing I:I :) I:I

wow thats awesome, thank god because one of the reason i was going was to see the blasters drag, glad they arent losing the drags off the event list....they would stand to lose a lot of money if they did.