Newbie hailing from Washington

Jpeezie

Jan 31, 2012
Centralia, WA
Good evening everyone. I bought my first ever quad and it had to be a blaster(always wanted one). It's an 88, freshly built motor, but has electrical issues (no spark). I bought a moose racing high output stator kit. I plan on more mods as time goes on. There is an abundance of info on here that intend on using to use to upgrade my ride before I hit the dunes and trails. It will be nice to get to know people on here that enjoy their bike as much as I do mine.

JP

welcome to the forum! let us know if you have any questions, these things are pretty simple, but can be very frustrating to diagnose!

I'll get some pics of her on here this weekend. It's hard to work on it since my bike is in storage and I live in an apt. It will be up and running soon enough. Btw with the stator, would it be better to have a floating ground since I intend on installing a rectifier and a battery to run some lights???

if you're wanting to run some badass lights, then probably. but most lights that you'd use won't need the rec and battery unless you're going all out for say HID's.

can't wait to see what you have planned for it, porting, a pipe, and extended swinger would be high on my list for a build that's hitting the dunes!

welcome to our sickness bro !!!!

Welcome to the site !!! I'm up in Tacoma , Wa . I sold my blasty awhile back , but now I roll a banshee . I go down to the dunes and play there . Also do a lot of trail riding up here as well . I plan on doing the 12v conversion to my shee like you want to do with the blaster and add a motorcycle battery . It's nice to have steady lights and they stay on if you kill the motor . Good luck with the build and have fun .
If you are in the market for any parts. I have a set of nice wheels and used paddle tires that fit the blaster rear hub pattern . Again , welcome to the site!

Good evening everyone. I bought my first ever quad and it had to be a blaster(always wanted one). It's an 88, freshly built motor, but has electrical issues (no spark). I bought a moose racing high output stator kit. I plan on more mods as time goes on. There is an abundance of info on here that intend on using to use to upgrade my ride before I hit the dunes and trails. It will be nice to get to know people on here that enjoy their bike as much as I do mine.

JP

Welcome! Sounds like you already troubleshooted the electrical issue! I:I

If ya get stuck were here 20/7 have to have 4 hours of sleep! :p

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll get it up running this weekend... I hope. My buddies are planning a weekend dune trip next month so hopefully I'll make it for that. But pics will be up Saturday for sure

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll get it up running this weekend... I hope. My buddies are planning a weekend dune trip next month so hopefully I'll make it for that. But pics will be up Saturday for sure

Nice. Hope you make it and have lots of fun on your Blaster.

Welcome ... What dunes are ya going to? I suggest a leak down test or at least a plug chop before the dunes. If ya take a lean Blaster to the dunes you should also take a tow rope :)