Newbie from NW Illinois

reisyracing

Nov 19, 2011
NW Illinois
Recently traded for a 96 Blaster supposedly bored and top end rebuild, unfortunatly i will be finding out if that is true due to it taking a crap on me. Have the top end tore down just havent got cylinder and piston measured yet to see if its stock. Has a FMF fatty and silencer and reed spacers. Once I get this thing going again i will definetly be doing the plug chop deal to be sure im runnin good. Thanks already for all the info i have learned about the Blaster, you guys/gals are great keep up the good work. Thanks again

You will need to be jetted just check the main jet before you even do a plug chop Make sure its higher than the stock 230 should around 270 or so.
Take out that reed spacer just more places to have an airleak. also get or make a airleak tester and make sure you dont have any when you re assemble you motor.

I guess i shouyld add that i was running wide open in a field for a good amount of time. Yeah i know now bad idea, lesson learned. Im new to the two stroke always had and still have a four stroke sooo the reed spacer what would that supposedly gain me if anything? When i pulled it apart it seemed as though the rings were basically melted to the piston with a little bit of scoring on the cylinder walls. Thanks again

I would make sure it is jetted and do plug chops to confirm that is isnt running lean.

The reed spacer says it gains power but many people on here have tried it and says it gains little to no power. many people use them when they have bigger carbs and need to clear the clutch lever arm, but if not needed for clearance issues than it is just another place to leak. Put it up for sale for a few bucks on here someone might need it for a bigger carb?