New truck!

2g00d4u

Apr 22, 2010
Smithville, ON, Canada
I just picked this thing up, its 1996 ford ranger XLT, 4L auto v6, power locks, windows, mirrors, seats, extended cab, its in such good shape inside and out and everything works perfect. Got it for $1600, I can take it to the shop and get it certified tomorrow and get plates right away. Gotta get rid of my sh*tty old ranger now, Can't wait to start drivin this one for real. it feels like a new car when you're driving it :)

IMG223.jpg

IMG224.jpg

IMG225.jpg

IMG226.jpg

IMG222.jpg

IMG227.jpg

Thanks guys!
zmaro - its a RWD, 4x4 would be nice but not for my insurance
blasterdemon7 - can't go wrong man, my last one was sh*t but that was the previous owners fault. This one has had 3 owners ever and it is as new as 96's come, I am very impressed with mileage, power, and how well it plainly drives. very comfortable too.
blasterbuddy200 - 120,000 miles since new. thorough maintenance shows. there is so little rust on the under carriage.

Nice find! Idk about the green though...haha. That's pretty low mileage for it's year. My '98 has 127,000 on it.

nice lookin ranger for the money
and since when does 4wd cost more for insurance ????

We may have to add a Ford Ranger section on here. Lol.ive been doing a little research on trucks and the Ranger looks to be the best choice for me.

4 wheel drive does not improve braking over a 2 wheel drive.

I never said it did, even though you could argue that the added weight in the front would improve traction, and therefore improve braking... However there is no question that 4 wheel drive improves traction anytime you are accelerating (turning, taking off from a stop sign, ect...) and gives you more control of where the vehicle goes, and can help prevent spinning out and going into the ditch or oncoming traffic.