New to this forum!

buddy67us

Feb 24, 2011
Kansas
www.hendrix-tech.com
Howdy I am Buddy, I been Buzzing around the sands at wynoka OK for years, I kinda got out of it 7 years ago, I was a tecate and honda odesey enthusiast.

a week or so ago some dude seen an old dodge (91) sittin in the pasture and asked what I wanted for it, I said a thousand bucks, or I would trade if he had anything good, he said he had a quad in good condition, I looked at it and fell in love, traded straight across for a I think pre 2000 blaster. It was a great deal to me.

any way I have a ride for this year and I am stoked to start making customazations to it!!!!

here is a picture, some of you that know can you please tell me what year you think it may be.
ignore the gun thats a photoshoped thing I did as a joke

blasterMgunsmall.jpg

At least a '90 as it has heel guards! Get the vin off the frame- and use the decoder.

Oh ya welcome to my home!

welcome to the sickness,
that looks to be in really good shape !!!!

Welcome! Looks like you got a great deal on that trade. Blasty seems to be in good condition. You said the 'C' word already. Aw, crap. Look out! Lol, 'customizing' gets addicting (and expensive!) very quickly. Best bang for your buck, to start, is gonna be to ditch the airbox lid, stock exhaust, rejet the carburetor, and toss those crappy balloon rear tires for a better set. My .02.

Like Slick said, look at your vin # on the frame and then use the Vin # decoder (Stickied on here somewhere...engine section I think) to get the year.

Thanks guys, and yeah I will do that I got the vin wrote down here somewhere, kewl pics everyone! love the weaponized wagon!, I am not going to do alot of changes to how it preforms, maybe a better exaust system, it does need the reeds replaced so I may upgrad them too, it is in great shape the frame needs repainted, I was stoked about how great the plastic was, a few minor blemishes but nothing major, the seat is ok but has a tear on the right lower edge, fortunatly my brother works interiors for learjet, can you say SWEET!!!! lol, the C word is a part of my life already, I build and rebuild and make better everything I own, wheather its a paintball gun, a ride or my WII!

The owner before me did remove the oil tank so now I have to run a premix but I am fine with that, he said doing wheelies or riding up steep heills will blow your engine using a tank, I dont know if thats accurate but I am not going to replace it.

My idea is to make it a paramilitary looking ride, imagine if COD Black Ops had blasters, then you may know what i mean. I am 43 and have too many injuries from buttercup(Sand Dune in OKlahoma) so I dont need the fastest scoot on the block, Ill be happy with dependability.

new tires are gonna be a must, I need to find a nice set of rims and some paddles too, but I have until june to get those.

I have removed all the stickers so far, yamaha made it easy to remove the Blaster stickers on the tank cover but the saftey sticker is a biotch!!!! I am still working on it....

Thanks guys, and yeah I will do that I got the vin wrote down here somewhere, kewl pics everyone! love the weaponized wagon!, I am not going to do alot of changes to how it preforms, maybe a better exaust system, it does need the reeds replaced so I may upgrad them too, it is in great shape the frame needs repainted, I was stoked about how great the plastic was, a few minor blemishes but nothing major, the seat is ok but has a tear on the right lower edge, fortunatly my brother works interiors for learjet, can you say SWEET!!!! lol, the C word is a part of my life already, I build and rebuild and make better everything I own, wheather its a paintball gun, a ride or my WII!

The owner before me did remove the oil tank so now I have to run a premix but I am fine with that, he said doing wheelies or riding up steep heills will blow your engine using a tank, I dont know if thats accurate but I am not going to replace it.

My idea is to make it a paramilitary looking ride, imagine if COD Black Ops had blasters, then you may know what i mean. I am 43 and have too many injuries from buttercup(Sand Dune in OKlahoma) so I dont need the fastest scoot on the block, Ill be happy with dependability.

new tires are gonna be a must, I need to find a nice set of rims and some paddles too, but I have until june to get those.

I have removed all the stickers so far, yamaha made it easy to remove the Blaster stickers on the tank cover but the saftey sticker is a biotch!!!! I am still working on it....

Yes we have another member of the over forty gang! WOOOOHOOO! Look out young'ins.

pretty mint quad. (as for the oil injection i heard the same thing when riding on hills and wheelies would cause air bubbles in the oil lines.) u'll learn alot here as i have.
WELCOME!
oh btw, paintball guns? i LOVE those! i have 3 customized tippmann A5s!

pretty mint quad. (as for the oil injection i heard the same thing when riding on hills and wheelies would cause air bubbles in the oil lines.) u'll learn alot here as i have.
WELCOME!
oh btw, paintball guns? i LOVE those! i have 3 customized tippmann A5s!

I am a Spyder man myself, but the A5 is a better gun out of the box then the spyder, I am kinda of an electronics nerd so I redo the boards in the spyders and seem to get better performance.

I cant seem to make my spyders quite down though! thank you!

cool man i just bought a spyder esprit. the other night. but this is totally off topic AKA thread jacking so i think ima PM u about a q on the E trigger since ure a nerd. lol.
but yea u should definitely off those tires! i have a set for sale on ebay right now complete with rim maxxis Razrs 18x10x8. any1 interested??? I:I

OK Back on topic, no thead Jacking here!!!!!!!

I did find out that my Blaster is a 1991, it is 20 years old this year, I like may ride like I like my women, 20 years old with a wide rear end!!!

anyway, the VIN Decoder ddnt work, said my VIN was not in the database, but I dug deeper and found out the 10th Dig on a yamahammer is the year code digit, and mine was M and M is 91!!!!

beergut.jpg

wow that thing sure is mint for the age. since u like the wide rear depending on ur wallet, u could start off with wide tires preferably 11inches then get u some 5inch spacers depending on the way u ride and or some off-set wheels. or get urself a dif axle i think i read banshee axles will fit with the carrier and all. not sure. i got the wheel spacers and theyre wide (2.5 inch each side) i love the look and the handling

Not sure if I am going yet or not, I am hoping to get down there as soon as I can, I will be riding in Ark City and Udall mostly, got some nice places in both to scoot around, I want to concentrate the rest of this winter and fall to custom work on the blaster, but I am kinda thinking maybe keeping it all stock would be the way to go, I am a little bit regretting taking off the factory stickers right now.

I am being a pussy about it right now because of its age! not so much about breaking it but how many Nice stock 20 year old quads are out there!