New to Forums, First 2 stroke, Pics

bakerboy

Jan 6, 2012
WI
www.twitch.tv
Just purchased a 1998 Blaster and rode for first time today. It was a blast. But I'm here looking for some advice. I know I want to remove the oil injection, I don't feel like its doing its job at WOT. Other then that I just need to make sure its running great before I grab some aftermarket parts. Here are some pictures. This is how I purchased it. Changed the oil, cleaned carburetor, and started right up.
DSC00491.jpg
DSC00490.jpg

DSC00489.jpg
DSC00488.jpg

DSC00487.jpg
DSC00486.jpg

Welcome to the forum . Read up good so you know how to take care and tune it. The most important things are jetting and leak down testing. Can can find a lot of helpful info in the sticky threads at the top of each section.

All I have been doing is reading. Learned a lot. This is my first 2 stroke and do enjoy it. I just want to make sure its getting oiled properly. Also there anything I should do. I know a leak test is in need just for my peas of mind. Starts right up, idles, runs great. Smokes on start up, know that's normal and then nothing when its all wormed up. Just don't want to break it for any reason.

Yeah, there is a lot of land at my buddys. There's also an actual race track that I got to do a few laps on, that was fun.

If not stated, anything I should look at/replace since its stock now would be great to know.

Thanks.

Looks like that blaster was taken care of. If you are willing to drop the money I'd get rid of the balloon rear tires and get some softer shocks up front.

There should be just a little wisp of smoke when riding warm and just a little puff of blue when backing off.

To put your mind at rest read up on plug chops and then do one. a gaurantee that you have the jetting just right, and a recipe for a long life.

Sweet looking blaster. You can tell the owner baby'd it. Like they ^^^ said, upgrade your tires and suspension first. Banshee front shocks are a good, cheap upgrade and a 400ex/450r/250r/LTR450/KFX400 rear shock is an excellent upgrade and quite cheap

Thanks again. Looking at rear shocks now and I'll try and pick up a pair of banshee front shocks. They direct bolt on? As for tires... Ill eventually find some.

nice clean lookin bike bro, and welcome !!!!!

i have one concern, in the middle right pic, head on veiw,
i see it in the bottom left pic too.
the right tire looks turned way further than the left ???
could just need a tie rod adjustment ???, but may also be a bent frame ???
stand it on it's ass end and look for uniformity of the frame, especially right behind the a-arm mounts where the frame starts to widen

nice clean lookin bike bro, and welcome !!!!!

i have one concern, in the middle right pic, head on veiw,
i see it in the bottom left pic too.
the right tire looks turned way further than the left ???
could just need a tie rod adjustment ???, but may also be a bent frame ???
stand it on it's ass end and look for uniformity of the frame, especially right behind the a-arm mounts where the frame starts to widen

Ill give it a once over today and double check that. They must have taken a digger since the bars seemed a little bent, also the plastic is broken on that side.

Welcome nice blaster!! I would like to make a few aftermarket parts suggestions. First off tires. I would suggest ITP Holeshots if you like riding on tracks. they are amazing!! Next is exhaust. I would go with the Toomey B1 Pipe system or DMC Alien or FMF. Stay away from DG!! I could go on for hours about aftermarket parts but get the basics. Tires exhaust suspension and tuning the bike! Welcome again and have a great time here!!

that right thre apart from the stickers is as mint as they come. agreed Awk, that wheel looks funny. check your tie rod adjustment. its going to eat the tires and make it difficult to handle at speed. steering will also be compromised!

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum! If you havent already, put in a fresh spark plug. NGK B8ES is the factory spark plug. 2 strokes are hard on spark plugs, change them often and keep a spare around.

Just purchased a 1998 Blaster and rode for first time today. It was a blast. But I'm here looking for some advice. I know I want to remove the oil injection, I don't feel like its doing its job at WOT. Other then that I just need to make sure its running great before I grab some aftermarket parts. Here are some pictures. This is how I purchased it. Changed the oil, cleaned carburetor, and started right up.
DSC00491.jpg
DSC00490.jpg

DSC00489.jpg
DSC00488.jpg

DSC00487.jpg
DSC00486.jpg

Ahhh memories of the Original! Very clean! I started with a very similar quad, but not in that great clean shape! Welcome, while most injection systems are pretty good , There are numerous others that have had damage due to the plastic, gear behind the clutch cover busting. I firmly believe that premixing gas on this quad is a must for good piece of mind and a guarentee that the proper amout of oil is being used. My quad likes the 32:1, But I have used 28:1 also, this widely varies with alot of riders and also with the kind of 2stroke oil you use. The cheapest way to remove you injection is pop the clutch cover off remove the clip,pin,gear from the oil pump, cut the two lines on the pump and plug them with a screw and rtv, remove the oil lines, oil tank from the quad, and plug the port on the carb from where the oil line was inserted, you can buy rubber plugs as the local auto store. Oh and also dont forget to plug the two holes (where the lines came from) that are left in the grommet on the clutch cover I just used black RTV for this cheap and easy!