new to blasters!

yamahariders

Aug 10, 2009
hey guys im new to these sweet blasters and have some questions id appreciate if someone can answer.

i got a 2002 blaster and was wondering what mix i should run in it, its all stock if that helps :)
it doesnt have the oil tank, so it must have a oil block off thing, right?
is there anything i should no what and what not to do with a 2 stroke? im used to 4 strokes and no little about 2 strokes.
I read that i should remove the parking brake b.c that messes up starting, and idle. so i guess ill work on that soon.
also the rear brakes dont work, how do you fix that problem?

id like to buy a set of nerf bars and a belly skid plate. can anyone recommend a good brand?

thanks for any replys! I:I

-phil

let them warm up. and mix 32:1 4 ounces of oil to a gallon of gas.

thank you. what brand oil mix should i use?
and i think i should change the transmission oil, so what oil do i replace it with?
thanks!

i only use belray. belray H1R 2stroke oil. belray gearsaver trans fluid..im pretty sure even their dot4 brake fluid. good luck with the brakes. get hydros! ....even though mmine dont work

i use pj1 oils, or bluemarble, works good for me, as far as trans i just use 80-90 synthetic valvoline.

Any good 32:1 premix oil will work fine.Save a few bucks and run ATF TYPE F automotive tranny fluid.

i only use belray. belray H1R 2stroke oil. belray gearsaver trans fluid..im pretty sure even their dot4 brake fluid. good luck with the brakes. get hydros! ....even though mmine dont work

Not sure where the dot 4 comment came from but never use brake fluid anywhere but hydraulic brakes.Hydro brake fluid will swell gaskets and seals.

I read that i should remove the parking brake b.c that messes up starting, and idle. so i guess ill work on that soon.
also the rear brakes dont work, how do you fix that problem?

id like to buy a set of nerf bars and a belly skid plate. can anyone recommend a good brand?

The parking brake itself isn't a prob. Most guys take it off to save weight and clean things up a bit. The prob is leaving the switch when you remove the cable. Without the cable the switch can activate and then the damn thing wont rev. Unplug the switch and there is no problem.

Unless you are going hardcore racing, just buy the cheapest nerfs and bellyplate you can find on eBay. I've bought both Tusk and AC nerfs and they are fine.

One thing for brakes is replacing the parking brake cable like already stated. It will help a lot by taking out the extra flex in the long cable and put more pull into the rear brake. they sell short cable brake lines that run only from rear brake lever to brake caliper. I installed on mine and can lock up tires no problem on tar anytime. What happens though is you will lose parking brake ability. Another thing you can do is take off the rear caliper and put in a washer to each bolt in between the caliper and mounting tabs and it will help shift the caliper over a little bit to give better braking power. You can also look to find a right side manual engaged front parking brake perch for 3 wheelers or motorcycles the ones that have a tab that you push into the perch gap to hold the brake that would most likely work off your front brake cable if you still wanted a parking brake.

Last edited:
Hey guys sorry I wasn't on here to reply for the past few days. My dang cpu was being retarded. But now its fixed =D

Thanks for all the reply's. Everyone has helped me out and I appreciate it.
This site rocks! I:I

you can flip the front wheels around so the valve stems are on the inside to give it a wider stance if thats not already done. i run klotz benol 32-1 smells great and works better.