New school banshee calipers/Old school spindles

Blastizzle

Dec 18, 2009
White Marsh MD
As most of us know, the banshee changed thier caliper and spindle design after the death of the J-arms. Well I bought what I thoughtwas a full working banshee hydro setup. I got screwed with new style calipers and the old style spindles. The mounting bolt holes dont line up so here's what I came up with. This is to help anyone who gets stuck like me or finds a deal on both and has a welder.

See how the holes are too close together for the caliper
2337-0118001150.jpg

Mounted using the original top mounting hole
2338-0118001150a.jpg

Cut bottom tab and welded it to line up with bottom hole
2341-0118001448a.jpg

Welded nuts to backside for mounting bolts and to space caliper away from hitting rotor....heads on rotor mounting bolts were grinded down slghtly too for clearance
2340-0118001448.jpg

Now caliper lines up
2339-0118001151.jpg

Reactions: yb200
yeah i'll take yb's sloppy seconds on that rep cherry, cause not only did you get pre 1990 calipers, but if the disc bolts werent recessed they were from a j-arm too, you did good to get all that to work, i had a similar dilema, good thing all the wrong stuff was free, but i bought 90+ stuff and finished without welding, but considered your route, rep givin, but it was still tight when i hit it!!!!!! hahahaaaa

i got a question for ya, you have asrs howd you mount those spindles to em just got new top balljoints?

When I bought the set I told ASR that I was running banshee spindles. The arms bolted righ up and I used my original tie rod ends, they were still good. So yes they just swap out the top ball joints to run those spindles.

When I bought the set I told ASR that I was running banshee spindles. The arms bolted righ up and I used my original tie rod ends, they were still good. So yes they just swap out the top ball joints to run those spindles.

Actually not the whole upper ball joint but just pin that goes through the heim joint. Prolly cost you less than $30 for the two.

aight thanx i thought thats all i needed to do, looks like im gonna be ordering 2 new pins for my warrior spindles a lot easier and cheaper then any other thing

Nice work on the spindles. I've said it before, and I'm saying it again now: Your blue and yellow Blaster is the hottest looking Blaster on this site! Love the very complete execution of the color scheme. Looks awesome!