New Rebuild

blastersaurus

Sep 17, 2010
so ive started my rebuild after my top end blew after only having the damn bike for 2 days. the bike has been completely stripped down to a bare frame and i have sanded the frame, handlebars, footpegs, and rear grab bar and primed them, painted them with several coats of neon green, and im almost done clear coating them.

as far as the engine goes ive...

installed a brand new FMF fatty pipe and FMF powercore 2 silencer

i bought a full skid plate, body, a-arms, and swingarm

bought a dyno jet kit

bought a new air filter

brand new racing chain

brand new front and rear sprockets, 14/40 gearing ratio

bought a vito's clutch kit

bought a v-force 3 reed cage and carbon fiber reeds

bored the cyclinder .10 over

installed a wiseco top end kit, new piston, rings, all topend gaskets

installed a wiseco bottom end kit, new crank, connecting rod, oil seals, crank bearings and all bottom end gaskets

new exhaust o-ring (old one was ruined and leaked oil)

and i replaced 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear with brand new gears, also replaced the little gear levers.

also welded a hole inside my case shut, it was caused when my old 8 year old stock piston blew up and a large chunk the size of a quarter fell past the crank and got shredded in the bottom end.

i intend to have the frame, rear grab bar, footpegs be neon green
the dg front bumper, dg nerf bars, a-arms and swingarm, and rear axle will all be polished up and probably coated with polyurethane enamel.
and i am painting the plastics all black and once again coating with poly to prevent chipping.

post what you think, and if anyone out there knows any high performance boosting part i could install while i got the whole engine apart already that would be great, i've already taken this quad so far id like to get all i can while the case is already open.

one thing id do is send the cylinder out for some porting and the head out to be milled and redesigned
also pics or your lying!!!!!!

2h64sba.jpg

kesr69.jpg

esm8ls.jpg

2s9wx1e.jpg

fyogpc.jpg

the bags are all the bolts to the plastics, oil injector, gas tank and such. i keep the bolts, washers, and nuts for each part in a separate labeled bag.

the yellow pieces of paper are all my receipts from the 2 different bike shops i got parts and labor from.

the picture of the bike is from the day i bought it, and yes it does fit in my minivan lol i take the seats out, loosen the handlebars and bend them down towards the seat and it just barely makes it in. although my kawasaki bayou 220 makes it into the van no problem

only thing i have to say is the dyno jet kits suck ass. use only mikuni jets if you have a mikuni and keihin jets if you have a keihin carb.

what we really want to see pics of is this case repair. looks like some good upgrades ya got planned

well what happened is when my piston blew up, the metal below the holes in the piston chipped off, and it was a good size chunk much larger than a quarter. and it fell past my crank and into my bottom end and got shredded. i don't have pictures of the hole because the bike has been in the shop for about a month while i have been painting it. next time i paint the frame pics are coming of the paint progress, then after that ill bring the frame to the shop for it to all be put together and ill get pics of the hole, reed cage, and top end / bottom end kit if i still can not sure if the mechanic has even fixed the hole yet.

and sorry but the bumper isn't for sale, its a dg aluminum series bumper i think they are like 70 bucks if your looking for one but i could be wrong, it was on the quad when i bought it same with nerf bars.

lol yea i am trying to get a used one for a little bit cheaper then new lol im on more of a budget then most lol looking gd though man