New member with a jetting question

Blaaster you were bang on, there was nothing blocking the nipple off, I have now blocked it off & it's way way to rich, I don't know wether to laugh or cry, all that time spent jetting & scratching my head :(

Basically my big pilot was masking the problem.

Experience wins every time, thanks.

My manual says that the jet needle should be a 5j22, and usually with the clip on the middle slot.

Experience wins every time, thanks.

Not exactly experience, but knowing that if a motor is calling for outrageously large jets, too much air has to be the culprit.

Now it's idling ok I have a knocking/tapping coming from the top end, is this normal with a bbk?
Or is it needing a too end rebuild?

Pull the exhaust pipe off and look up the port to see if there is any piston/ring damage.

That unplugged carb nipple could have created a lean mix, enough to damage a top end.

Pull the exhaust pipe off and look up the port to see if there is any piston/ring damage.

That unplugged carb nipple could have created a lean mix, enough to damage a top end.

I did do that when I first got it, too see if there was any scoring or obvious wear, but nothing noticeable just this knocking, I what a YouTube video of another 240 blaster and his made exactly the same noise.

Blasters are notoriously noisy, if you fear the worst remove the reed cage and look for cracks in the piston skirt.

Right, my friend has listened to it & said its piston slap, with that we have pulled it apart, he took the head off & pushed the piston forward & backwards, he says it feels a little sloppy, we pulled the barrel off to inspect and found no obvious signs of wear, do I need to get a new piston & rings from vito's? Or can I just use a prox ect
Also can I just get the next larger size piston?

Right, my friend has listened to it & said its piston slap, with that we have pulled it apart, he took the head off & pushed the piston forward & backwards, he says it feels a little sloppy, we pulled the barrel off to inspect and found no obvious signs of wear, do I need to get a new piston & rings from vito's? Or can I just use a prox ect
Also can I just get the next larger size piston?

is your friend familiar with blasters? because what sounds like piston slap in another bike could just be the noisy blaster. they top end itself tends to make a lot of noise easily heard over the stock exhaust.

is your friend familiar with blasters? because what sounds like piston slap in another bike could just be the noisy blaster. they top end itself tends to make a lot of noise easily heard over the stock exhaust.

Ok I see, we'll my bro has a blaster also, it's only a 200cc though, it don't make the knocking noise like mine?????

my standard carb jetting specs are
300 main
clip 4th
pilot 32.5

with vito's 240 bbk

it now starts first kick, idles perfectly, and goes like stink.
my new air striker carb has arrived but i am reluctant to fit it at present as its now running very well, how will this new carb benefit my bike if its already running so good?

The larger carb will give you more top end, but as with any mods to breathing you will have to re jet and plug chop to confirm.

More power!!!!! I like the sound of that, I got the new inlet manifold to mount it to the motor, not sorted the air box end yet, I want to use the standard air box with my k&n, what is the best way to go about it??????

More at the top but a larger carby will loose power down low.

Venting the lid or removing will give a little increase in power but you must jet accordingly.

I got no air box lid, just k&n filter, I am just thinking of using some samco hose of the carb, and somehow make a connection to the existing air box, unless there is a easier option

The foam filter that I use is in 2 sections.

The outer section can be peeled off and cleaned.

Placing an outer wares cover over the filter will keep it pretty clean.

If you do water the filter on the carby method is not so good,

The foam filter that I use is in 2 sections.

The outer section can be peeled off and cleaned.

Placing an outer wares cover over the filter will keep it pretty clean.

If you do water the filter on the carby method is not so good,

it rains an uwful lot were i am, so best not to go down that route, lol.

anyone have any idea why a carb would be shooting petrol through air filter box and then fluids bike cleaned carbo and then neither plug or air box getting any fuel only very slight and no start