• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cbaber

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Apr 12, 2007
NY
It has come to our attention that new members with 0 posts frequently make posts in the buy/sell section of the forum. To make a slightly safer environment for regular members, we think it would be a good idea to require a member to make a certain amount of posts before they can use the buy/sell section and to use the Private Message feature. I'm sure that you would like to get an idea of someone through their posts before you would want to deal with that person via buying or selling something to each other.

If this is something that you think should be implemented, please make you vote on how many posts should a member make before he is allowed to post in the buy/sell section and to use the Private Message.

Reactions: NewRider
humm i say 20 cause its a question of trust,if he come here just for sale things ,he can disapear right after reciving money ,but with at least 20 post well we start to know him just my 2 cents!!

20 or more i would say. People shouldn't really be coming on here just to sell things and then leave, way to easy to scam.

my 2 cents 20 to post for sale and PM memebers. Maybee someway to verify the true identity of a member wanting to post for sale should be required for members with less than 50 post should be required or 20 Post and a member at least 6 months. I know verifying identity would be tough. Doesn't ebay require a credit card to post for sale incase something goes wrong? I don't know really just some thoughts.

it would be good if the person could give pictures and in the pictures they have there blaster forum name on a piece of paper or something like that

You beat me to it.....write there name then put under it "from blasterforum"

id say 20 posts for private messages and 100 posts for sales... and they should have a rep power of 15 to sell and 5 rep power to private message... i say rep power because ppl can post dumb sh*t in threads just to get a post. so adding rep power to the equasion means they must contribute to the forum and other members must be able to benifit from their posts.. and if you benefit froma post you give that person rep power.

i also think the person must be a supporting member to sell stuff.

^greaaaat ideassss huh?!

my 50 cents is that they have to have 20 posts b/c that way they are most likely going to stay with us if they have been here for the tiem enough to have 20 posts in with us, and then we may know them as well

My input

I like the 20 posts. It might take all of 6 minutes to run through and respond to 20 threads. On the other hand a neww member that spends time asking about a few things we see a pattern develop, say a bad cdi and after 20 posts the dude is looking for a cdi, maybe someone will take the chance. Another thing is nobody seems to be using the feedback, no names mentioned TJ Big Dog and 01Blasterfreak, I left feedback on both of them and didn't get any :( I think the feedback I left is the only ones out there. I think that is a very valuable tool.

The main thing is:

This site is not involved in these sales. Buy or sell at your own risk. A phone number in a PM is very comforting.

A

I like the 20 posts. It might take all of 6 minutes to run through and respond to 20 threads. On the other hand a neww member that spends time asking about a few things we see a pattern develop, say a bad cdi and after 20 posts the dude is looking for a cdi, maybe someone will take the chance. Another thing is nobody seems to be using the feedback, no names mentioned TJ Big Dog and 01Blasterfreak, I left feedback on both of them and didn't get any :( I think the feedback I left is the only ones out there. I think that is a very valuable tool.

The main thing is:

This site is not involved in these sales. Buy or sell at your own risk. A phone number in a PM is very comforting.

A

Agreed, iTrader feedback is very important and everyone should leave one after a transaction.

well I could go either way on this, I do think that it is a good idea, however Ex. I bought my rear rims from a guy who made no posts but the one for the rims on here and got exactly what was stated, he was a 450r rider who had these sittin around from a quad he no longer had and threw them on our forum, and spent $300 with a kid that was parting his bike "97blast86" who was also an unknown user, not that this is always safe, but being a smart buyer is the most important thing i think, talk to the person on the phone, do a call back, buy from VERIFIED paypal users, dont overspend on first transaction, do it in person when possible. ect. also 20 posts is nothing if yur talkin about a scammer, this forum has no form of verification to be a member i gotta buddy that moved to Cali and is a member of this forum from the local library so we can send messages. itrader feedback is important I have left a couple and have gotten 1 from a guy I spoke to about doing it, so try to remind people.

This is all very true, being a smart buyer and seller is the most important thing you can do. Voting is still open:)

o.k.... here i go:

in the "for sale" area, there should be a place for members who have "x" amount of posts, and a section for members with little or no previous posts. and "no post" sellers should not be allowed into the "x" amount area.

we certainly don't want this forum to become laden with scammers.

i think this method would entice the seller to be involved with the forum.

and we wouldn't want to shun the "no previous posts" seller, but give a place hew will know is a little less reputable.

i would NEVER but from an unknown unless it was local. but i would buy from the people i see on here on a regular basis.