New Member, Need Help

Not trying to argue awk as I feel u know way more then me but my Tors is still atop my carb.its just unhooked from throttle and Tors head.it would still rev cleanly.

thanks for the info guys. i'll try n get a bigger main jet for it. so 260 and what clip position should the needle be set at? and not to sound like a D, but would a full exhaust like that really make that much of a difference on these? i mean, i kno wit makes a difference, but are the blastys that picky about whats done to them? again, first 2 stroke, first time ME not being able to get something running in a days worth of work. lol

pics coming soon, i have to dress up, its already snowing in PA.

Thanks,
Hunter

DG pipe alone calls for a #250 main.

If any other mods done like the following, increase the main.

Aftermarket air filter +1 or 2.

Airbox lid off +2.

Premix at 32:1 +1.

Air filter directly on carb throat + 1 or 2.

Needle on middle clip.

2 Strokes can be very picky, they are also very prone to air leaks which can make jetting an absolute pain in the preverbial.

The motor must be leak free both inside and outside, all intake and exhaust ducts must be sealed.

Elevation, humidity and temperature too play a major part in jet sizes.

If it is snowing there the temp will be down, so you may have to increase the main jet to allow more fuel into the AFR.

Wow, i didnt know that. looks like ill be investing in some jets then. Even still, a stock jet would at least get this thing to run, right? or no? i dunno?

yes definitely, just wouldnt want to get on it hard being lean, but it should at least start. did you pull the petcock out of the tank and make sure the screen isnt plugged up with slime or dirt

Do not attempt to ride it until the main is corrected, the needle jet derives its fuel supply from the main.
Try setting the idle and work from there.

Idle adjusting.

Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain when the screw is cracked open.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

Thank You. I will definitely do that once I get a stock cage with reeds. Unless you think I can at least get it running with the reeds (from the pictures on the first page). I have no problem finding a stock cage that doesn't take $80 reeds. haha

Hunter

Hey I have a stock cage and reeds . I have a few smaller jets as well .I'm not that far from you either. Just in Washington county. If you need them, let me know. I'd meet you somewhere if needed.

Fred

@DirtySquared Hey thanks! the stock cage and reeds would be awesome! but I need bigger jets. I only have 2 sets of stock jets and screws. if I am able to get outta work early today, i'll be off all weekend so maybe we can set something up to meet somewhere. I looked on my phone for a place to meet up. center of wash county and where im at, there is a truck stop on I70, Smithton Truck Stop down from the racetrack. would you be willing to meet there? its about 45 minutes from my house. I also sent you a PM on here

Last edited: