new KOR redesigned head

Nov 5, 2011
Rochester, NY
What's goin on guys, just had a quick question about installing the beautiful new head I had done by Ken ... Is there anything special I need to do for the install ? I remember reading a thread talkin about doubling up on gaskets, I thought that was reguarding the base gaskets not for a head mod but I can't remember 100%. Just wanted to double check before I went and possibly did somethin stupid to my new head haha. I got some pics of the head in my pic album if anyone wants to see it ! Thanks in advance for the help.

i like that you asking and not just whipping it on and klapping it stikkend!

A new head gasket and if you have the barrell off, a new base gasket too. Just remember to clean the mating surfaces well and keep everything dust free.

Also remember to torque the head bolts in the sequence described in the manual and do so to the correct torque setting 27nm if im not mistaken

3 heat cycles to condition the copper gasket and then re tension head 20 ft lb and jug 18 ft lb and spark plug 18 ft lb.

why would you have to re torque the jug if it wasent off? just curious as im about to get this mod done

you wouldn't HAVE to retorque the base nuts if they weren't off, but how long would it take to recheck them anyway ??

Thanks for all the help and direction guys, I would have thanked you all sooner but this is the first chance Ive had to sign onto the forum since posting this thread ! I cant wait to run the new head, I'm lookin forward to feelin an improvement from the "ass dyno" haha. After looking at prices on new head gaskets, Ive decided to save a few bucks and aneal the head gasket I have. I just bought it in March when I did the rebuild so I'm thinkin itll be a good candidate . . . Is there anything in particular I need to know, or should do for the process ? Seems pretty straight forward but I have never done it myself so its probably best that I play it safe and ask ! And yes I plan on performing a leak test both before and after the heat cycles.

Last edited by a moderator: