New Horse In The Stable

Ok. Cleaned and dried entire stator well area of case. Checked it today. No oil. Re-checked leak down and still held air.

I put it back together and re-torqued all the case bolts. I replaced the stator screws with bolts and was able to properly torque them. I ran it for a short time and parked it. It idled nice and ran strong. Fingers crossed.

Chasing tail. Until today!

This morning I checked the motor and what did I see. More oil on the bottom of the stator cover.

So this afternoon I pulled the stator cover off and noticed the the oil was just on the gasket of the stator. A clean paper towel was used to wipe the inside of the case. No oil was found inside.

I then noticed that there was some oil around the clutch lever. So. I cleaned it all up once again and used brake cleaner to was it all down again. I figured I'll have to start it up again search some more.

When I went to turn on the gas I noticed that the petcock was wet. When I turned on the gas. WALLA! The petcock was leaking! I watched a drop of pre-mixed gas drip right down on the case where the stator cover meets. All this time it was premixed gas dripping down and by time I would notice the oil on the case and on the ground. The gas had evaporated.

Kind of relieved and feeling dumb at the same time. Relieved it wasn't my engine build error but dumb I didn't realize the petcock failure. Oh well

I rebuild the petcock by giving it a good cleaning. It was pretty hogged up inside. The o rings and seals were all cleaned and PC seal grease was applied. It stopped leaking and all is well.

Reactions: jus_me and pudvah
I just love it when everything comes together It is a great fuzzy feeling.

Dripping petcock, who would have thought it.

i dont know how true it is but my local yamaha dealer
said that there was a recall on the rubber seal,that they
ended up swithching part number and everything?
I had that problem one time to i replaced the seal,but not positive if it was the seals fault
or the bent/warped metal plate thingy that you screw on lol:)

glad you got it figured out:)

i dont know how true it is but my local yamaha dealer
said that there was a recall on the rubber seal,that they
ended up swithching part number and everything?
I had that problem one time to i replaced the seal,but not positive if it was the seals fault
or the bent/warped metal plate thingy that you screw on lol:)

glad you got it figured out:)

I will inquire about the recall. I was able to give the blaster a good running yesterday. No leaks! Ran strong!